OBD / OBD II

bunkercowboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This morning noticed at some point the OBD sensor came on. Not flashing, car seems to be running as normal. I did check gas cap, seems fine. Have started car one or two more times today and conducted some test in the manual, light still on. I do recall my 2006 Jeep doing same but in 2-3 days light went off.

something I should concern myself with or see if it magically goes away in 2-3 days. The car will probably get parked tonight and not move for ? 1.5-2 weeks.

Zachary

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I would want to know the cause. Get a low cost code reader...or, go to AutoZone and ask them to read it for you.

OP
OP
B

bunkercowboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
it showed definition EVAP/ small leak / no flow condition

Prob cause?
Defective or loose fuel cap - checked it, seems fine
EVAP canister or hose cracked - not connected - not seeing any hoses off?
pure or vent solenoid defective ?
Vaccum leak at engine - autozone guy checked a few, saw nothing

Car seems to run fine?

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Swap the fuel cap and make sure the seating surfaces are clean. I agree w/ Steve-Indy. Clear it and see if it comes back. Also, sometimes a purge valve leak only occurs in cold weather at first.... Other sources are: gas cap, fuel lines, vac. lines, as you know.

If it returns the system needs to be tested properly by a service tech. with the right tools. There are timed tests preformed by the cars computer, measuring vacuum decay etc... Small evap leaks can be a PIA!

My .02

OP
OP
B

bunkercowboy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
to clear it i need to buy my own code reader i guess? The guy at autozone said he couldn't clear it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohed2003