Obscene offers???

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just some FYI for you. KBB is so far off on what cars ACTUALLY sell for its not even funny. People always try and use KBB and it does not have any reflection of what cars are actually worth. I know car prices and what people ask and actually get for the cars. For the most part on higher end cars KBB is over priced by 10K or more sometimes.

That's because KBB, NADA, Edmunds, etc. are only GUIDES that are based on standard depreciation and not true market value. That comes from what others are paying based on supply and demand.

g3t_t0rk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just some FYI for you. KBB is so far off on what cars ACTUALLY sell for its not even funny. People always try and use KBB and it does not have any reflection of what cars are actually worth. I know car prices and what people ask and actually get for the cars. For the most part on higher end cars KBB is over priced by 10K or more sometimes. If you want to know what your car is really worth hit the local dealer and ask what BLACK BOOK is on your car. Or call your bank or insurance company and ask what replacement value is on your viper. You will be shocked!!! How much less your car is worth than what you think. Your car is worth more than 28K but you will never get KBB for your car. Not in todays market. If you look on Ebay the gen 3's that are listed have been there for a while. If a car sits on the net for more than a month or so generally its over priced. You can ask anything you want but that does not mean you will get it. a

100% agree. I now look at KBB's trade in value to see what true market value should be around. Even still, I think the op should wait out the nasty low-ballers. I sold my rebuilt/salvage title Gen 3 for $30k and she had 36k miles on her

OP
OP
D

dcreech0

Viper Owner
Reaction score
100% agree. I now look at KBB's trade in value to see what true market value should be around. Even still, I think the op should wait out the nasty low-ballers. I sold my rebuilt/salvage title Gen 3 for $30k and she had 36k miles on her

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I really feel like I am not that far off with the price down to $36,000 and dont know how much more I am going to budge on that. Like someone else said, anything less, it would be worth just keeping as a track toy and learn how to auto x. I have never done that. Heard it is fun

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I really feel like I am not that far off with the price down to $36,000 and dont know how much more I am going to budge on that. Like someone else said, anything less, it would be worth just keeping as a track toy and learn how to auto x. I have never done that. Heard it is fun
Yes. use it as a track car. Best investment ever.

jckrieger

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Keep the car a bit longer and learn to auto-x it. Vipers are a blast in the cones. At this point, your car is worth the same now as it would be with another 30K miles. Drive it and enjoy it.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll give you $100 AND I'll pick it up! Whaddya say? Heck, I'm feeling generous, I'll double your $65 to $130. An offer you cannot refuse![/QUOTE]

I can't sell the car yet, the seasons not over. ....And there's next year.

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I look at it this way. They lowball you so that if you sell it, their gain and your loss. It all comes down to trying to get the most for as little as possible. They may be just looking to buy it and then turn around and flip it especially after that car flipping series was on TV.