Of course, the 2003 styling makes sense now.

Keller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When choosing a car, the average person (one with average means, not someone with money to THROW AWAY) takes 2 variables into consideration. 1. Is it practical, does it fit my needs.
2. Does it look good.

That is where the new Viper fails. It is not practical for 99% of the population but if it looked good you can rationalize the purchase.

MES
You are correct.
I am offended by the fact that I was looking to purchase a new Viper. Now that will not happen due to the new styling changes. YES I AM PISSED! The new car is nothing but boring when you compare it to the GEN II car.

Mike
You are wrong.
"So, you would consider a car that has an excellent sales record, good magazine reviews, greatly increased performance, and is better in every way a big mistake that people should be fired over, because YOU don't like it?"

When you purchase a car you do it for the 2 reason listed above. I don't give a sh*^ about sales record, mediocre magazine reviews(due to styling) and marginally increased performance. A GEN II with a turbo kit would kill it!

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to be good today and butt out, but this thread has received some attention. Its already negative in nature, so I might as well add value. I feel obligated to chime in. Sorry Mike. I'll still leave your positive thread alone if you come up with one.

Mr Moto has econoboxed our snakes and repackaged it as a Sebring. I feel as if this scenario happened:

Mr Moto was supposed to recruit some engineers for team Viper. But since he was a corolla desinger, the engineers deserted him. Not knowing what to do, he started looking for engineers anywhere. He ended up recruiting from the city zoo. He merely visited the chimpanzee and gorilla display and let them free in PVO. Gave them a pen and started doodling. A few years go by and he has nothing but chimp poop on the PVO floor and doodles and ape *** on paper. The all-mighty design expert Mr.Moto realizes he is in deeeeep doo doo. The design is due! Next thing that happens, when all else failed, Mr. Moto in his mighty corolla designing talents did the best thing he could do. He needed to find something he could work with....but alas, this is chrysler, there is no corolla. So what could he do? He went out and got a sebring....close enough to a corolla, but sportier. In his mind, this looks like a sports car. So he graciously adds some bigger wheels, a scoup on the hood, some vents on the side, shoves a V10 in there, drops it a little and whaaala. Design complete! Mr. Moto then went to say "our sebring, I mean viper is done". He new he had to save weight and add a little comfort, so he changed the panels to fiberglass and said "we added cup holders and saved a whoooping 80 lbs". The chimp added the dead pedal by accident since he thought it was the gas pedal.

In the meantime, while PVO was running their circus, the desingers at the blue oval with our old Viper designers and lutz at the helm came up with the GT40. 600lbs lighter than the Viper, more power, and better looking. Go figure. What do you think happened? I think we got our butts whooped. Think DC needs to wake up? Absolutely! Think DC needs to hear this? BY ALL MEANS! Think they will change the design at this point? unfortunately no, too late, theyve been running a circus, they cant. But I do want to buy another viper. Lets have a Supercharged Gen III GTS that is a GT40 eater. Fire the circus and the chimps, hire some respected sports car designers. Lets make the Viper what it once was, but meaner.

RonC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is my theory...

Mr. Shikado works for....TOYOTA!! Yep, how could all of you not see this? His real job is espionage (sp?) and he seems to have been quite successful.Congrats Mr. S. - You win!

Ron

SmokinV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RonC,
no no no, Mr. Moto doesnt work for Toyota, and he doenst have a team of chimps either...he is a CHIMP!!!
laugh.gif

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to the Chicago auto show in Feb to see the 03 for the first time, pics or otherwise. Myself along with about 30 other people were leaning in to get a closer look at the 02. There were about 3 people by the 03. Gen I & II cars you can spot a mile down the road. (Well almost.) This thing you would have to stare at it for a mile while it came at you and then turn your head to figure out what the **** it is, other than ugly.

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SmokinV10:
In the meantime, while PVO was running their circus, the desingers at the blue oval with our old Viper designers and lutz at the helm came up with the GT40. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't Bob Lutz now at GM?
confused.gif

GTzViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although I don't like the SRT design, I would have to say two things in Mr.Moto's defense:
One, his design was one of many, someone else made the "wise" decision to go with it.
Two, he also designed the CC which most will agree is a car worth the Viper name.
Just my 2 cents, now back to lurking mode...

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got an email today from Mr. Moto. He asked me to forward along the following link to all the folks who hate the SRT and who have made comments like "what do you expect from the guy that made the corolla" and "its a *** car", but who like the GTS/R concept or the Comp. Coupe.

This is a special message from him directly to those folks...

Message from Mr. Moto