Oh no, my GTS is ugly!

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another retort-

"Not as ugly as YOU!"

Enthusiast? Ok, sure.

Viper Owner. 2001 Saphire GTS, silver stripes, SSR wheels, Penske tripple adjustable shocks, Striker Heads and Striker cam, Edelebrock Headers, Corsa cat-back, 580 RWHP, 590 RWTQ.

Vic :2tu:

:drive:

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thinly veiled jealousy, that's all. Try not to think about it for even 2 seconds (though its hard to do sometimes).

VIPERBARON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to make a quick run to the mall last week, so I went in my Viper. My ZR-1 was in the shop (again). I saw this nice new Mustang parked over by itself and thought I could park next to it. When I pulled in next to it, I noticed that some **** had shot paintballs at it! So I decided to tuck my Viper in between a couple of sedans. My heart goes out to the Mustang owner, who has a nice car, parked it away from other vehicles and still some **** feels they can get away with vandalising it.
:mad:

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That *****. Try driving around in a Hummer and getting flipped-off what seems like every few minutes....In my experience, there are two civilized approaches one can take (besides ignoring) that seem to resolve the issue:

1) Following and confronting them seems to work as they get an "oh darn" look on their face - two downsides to this approach is that it takes time and your passenger might get a lil' scared/worried.

2) It seems to really chap their hide when you get a big cheesy grin and give 'em a big ol' arm wave.

Some people are just jerks. :drive:

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw this nice new Mustang parked over by itself and thought I could park next to it. When I pulled in next to it, I noticed that some **** had shot paintballs at it!
:mad:
Those weren't paint balls, they were his graphics :omg::omg::omg:

//M5Guy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That *****. Try driving around in a Hummer and getting flipped-off what seems like every few minutes....In my experience, there are two civilized approaches one can take (besides ignoring) that seem to resolve the issue:

1) Following and confronting them seems to work as they get an "oh darn" look on their face - two downsides to this approach is that it takes time and your passenger might get a lil' scared/worried.

2) It seems to really chap their hide when you get a big cheesy grin and give 'em a big ol' arm wave.

Some people are just jerks. :drive:

I personally feel the Viper is one of the most beautiful automobile designs ever. As a Hummer owner, I feel your pain, because my H2 seems to evoke more ugly comments than anything I've ever owned, even from complete strangers. However, when it snows and there's 12 inches on the ground, everyone thinks it's beautiful. I agree, I've found smiling at them and walking or driving away is your best option.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hummers are actually a awsome driveing truck,and pretty dam tough as far as breakdowns- people i think that dont like hummers and ***** about them,really deep down want one

scottmarston

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hummers are actually a awsome driveing truck,and pretty dam tough as far as breakdowns- people i think that dont like hummers and ***** about them,really deep down want one

H2 yes...H3 not so much. I had an opportunity to rent an H3 when I was travelling for work and wasn't that impressed. Although I hear good things about the H2, I’d rather have a full size pickup.

NVMYVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in a small town in BFE Montana where a Viper or anything exotic is extremely rare and I get all kinds of comments, hand waves, fingers/birds, kids making faces through the window, people taking pictures on their camera phones while driving; it is crazy. This is all while moving. Parked or getting gas I get a small crowd everytime. Stop light conversations have become the norm. Nothing truly negative yet. I know if I wasn't driving it and I saw my car I would be gawking. I am afraid to park it though anywhere and walk away for any period of time. Their are just too many haters out there.

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score

You forgot number 3, getting your ass kicked or shot, unless you are Chuck Norris, you don't touch Chuck Norris, he touches you...

Fangs10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do get a lot of praises but the one that really cuts deep is when the LS2 guys say my car looks like a clown shoe. :(

Ghoust

Viper Owner
Reaction score
people can be stupid. A while back I was driving into a parking lot as someone else was exiting. He rolled down his windows and yelled out: "Nice Ferrari" pretty in a sarcastic tone. I was going to respond back but thought to myself...this coming from a guy in a 20 year old toyota....

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was getting gas and as I pulled in I had an 6-8 year old anchor baby give me the "thumbs down" on my car and was making this ugly face as he did it. Then again he was riding in a beat to hell 70's pickup with the typical landscaping logo on the side......

aviatorone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't let that bother me, sounds like the guy was trying to be funny. I actually had friends that would say dumb things like that growing up. They never meant it, it was there way of complimenting. Those friends were also the ones that would give you the shirt off there back....

I am on my way home from C&C today and stopped to get gas when this loser which is a passenger in an old beat up pickup drives by and yells "your car is ugly". I had to laugh, amazing what some people will do. Unfortunately losers like this are why I will never leave my viper unattended unless it is at some type of car show event where there are other car lovers always around. Actually I do not even like to show any of my cars anymore for this exact reason. It is sad that the world is like this but I always try to remember that there are more good people out there than bad.

Little did the guy know but I took it as a compliment. :dunno: Not to mention, I didn't buy it to please him or anybody else, I bought it to enjoy myself be it looking at it in the garage or cruising the backroads after a bad day at work.

Fangs10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was getting gas and as I pulled in I had an 6-8 year old anchor baby give me the "thumbs down" on my car and was making this ugly face as he did it. Then again he was riding in a beat to hell 70's pickup with the typical landscaping logo on the side......

Did it have small, skinny tires sticking out past the fender flares?

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He rolled down his windows and yelled out: "Nice Ferrari" pretty in a sarcastic tone. I was going to respond back but thought to myself...this coming from a guy in a 20 year old toyota....

That *****. Parked my old car once and some kid walked by and said "Nice Vette...too bad it's not a Viper, though." Who knows, maybe this means your next car'll be a Ferrari? If so, congrats!!

anchor baby give me the "thumbs down" on my car

That really sux! At what point did they show you their immigration papers???

Moodie

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went to a local car show last weekend I parked my Viper between two corvettes(thinking it was safer) when I came out of the car show I had two big luggies on my windshield and the corvettes were gone. lesson learned... even vett owners are jealous of Vipers.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They don't think your car is crappy or ugly. If that was they case, why doesn't anyone tell me this when I would drive my Dakota? :p

They are just awestruck and feel the need to say something, what they say is based on their character. Are they a negative nancy? Do they love rare cars? Do they love fast cars? Do they love imports more? That first comment they say can show who they are and it is pretty amazing. I think Porsches look like frogs honestly, but I respect what they can do.

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They don't think your car is crappy or ugly. If that was they case, why doesn't anyone tell me this when I would drive my Dakota? :p

They are just awestruck and feel the need to say something, what they say is based on their character. Are they a negative nancy? Do they love rare cars? Do they love fast cars? Do they love imports more? That first comment they say can show who they are and it is pretty amazing. I think Porsches look like frogs honestly, but I respect what they can do.

Very very true statement, absolutely shows the person's character. A family member of mine is like this and I can't figure out why. It seems that he enjoys trying to make everyone he meets feel like he is better then them, it is really comical, but infuriating and embarrassing when you are around him as well. I rarely see him b/c of this behavior but EVERY TIME I have seen him with any vehicle I have ever had, he ALWAYS says something negative. I had a show winning Grand National a few years ago and he showed up at a dinner and wanted to see it, which I was glad to show him. He examined the car like a concourse judge and picked out a small defect in the paint and said how much $hit that looked like, I just had to laugh. When I first got my Viper he showed up with another family member and when he first saw it, he examined it and then the only comment he made was how stupid the side pipes looked, again I just shook my head and wondered why/how he got like that. It is character like Zentenk said, plain and simple, b/c even if you do not like something, why in the world unless you were a $hithead would you point it out :dunno:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang