Oil Blowoff from ROE SC

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another interesting artifact from the DE event this weekend was a fair amount of compressor oil blowoff from the breather vent on the shaft of the ROE kit. A good bit of compressor oil was on the shaft & hood, and some of it must have gotten on the belt as well. There was a lot of belt debris on the front cover of the enigne. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a different vent setup that won't release as much?

Thanks,
Chris

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the Roe supercharger setup uses the same Autorotor compressor that Kenne Bell uses, and from my experience with those, you need to make sure the oil is no higher than the highest tick mark on the dipstick. If it is any higher, you will likely see oil venting out of the brass plug on top of the shaft - and it's very possible to damage the bearing seals.

Do you have the dipstick installed, or just the hex plug? Because the hex plug is a little inconvenient to deal with, I just leave the dipstick plug installed all the time. It works fine, and you can check the oil level much easier that way.

OP
OP
T

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got the hex plug installed. We checked the compressor oil level before the weekend, and it was just above the low level. Definately not full. The suspicion from my Viper Tech is that during hard braking or cornering, oil is flooding into the shaft and getting blown out.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some take the little vent out and install a ****** (90' ??) and hose. Mine doesn't blow much but it's probably on the low end of the fluid level.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is all normal.
After an entire season the front of my supercharger was always black.

The breather blowoff is more important during racing since your SC rev higher rpms.
I never had any oil on my belt. Usually the oil ends up on the SC`s front and the two sides.
I neither had any belt slip eventhough I was using 6 rib belt.

The small debrit from the belt is also normal. Change your belt every year. Mine lasted 20000mi without issue.

Keep the SC's oil level in the specified limits too. Too much oil will cause domage to the SC.
The vent is there to evacuate the excess oil.

OP
OP
T

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I'll try the tube idea. I haven't talked with Sean yet to see if he has any thoughts. The belt debris was my main concern, thinking it was an indicator of some premature belt wear.