Oil Capacity for Canadian 2004 SRT/10??

SLICKSSS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just wondering how many liters of Mobil 1 you guys use??

The manual calls for 9.5 liters with filter, but when you check it after, its only half way up the safe mark on the dipstick. Is it fair to say you could put 10.0 liters in with no problems??

Just wondering how many liters the rest of you guys in Canada are using with filter??

Thanks...

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now I don't know my metric for crap (sigh...), but a liter is not nearly the same as a quart, is it? Because the car takes exactly 10 quarts to be at the "full" line on the dipstick with a new filter. Or at least it did when I had my oil changed last week (and every time on my '03 SRT). Let us know!

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the dealer do my oil changes and they charge me for 10 L. I assume that they put 10 in but it is possible they use only 9.5
Anyway, your oil is fine if it is between the add and safe line.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now I don't know my metric for crap (sigh...), but a liter is not nearly the same as a quart, is it? Because the car takes exactly 10 quarts to be at the "full" line on the dipstick with a new filter. Or at least it did when I had my oil changed last week (and every time on my '03 SRT). Let us know!

Actually a litre is almost the same as a quart! 1 litre = 1.0566882 US quart

kmg99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is always better to underfill the engine a little bit to avoid the crankshaft picking up oil from an overfilled pan and aerating it. This causes significant HP loss and effects the oil's capacity to properly function in the lifters particularly.

I would run with the 9.0-9.5 litres, regardless of dipstick reading. This volume of oil is more than adequate to lubricate and cool the engine.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you are tracking it. Keep it at the full mark to prevent loss of pressure in left hand turns. Even 1 quart low will be noticeable (if you dare to watch the gauge in the middle of a turn).