OIL COOLER - Repair or Replace?

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So for the SECOND TIME. My Oil Cooler has been punctured (only minor this time, but it still slowly leaks).

First time a guy didn't tie down stuff in his trailer and I smacked a half broken window frame at 70MpH that was in the middle of the highway which damaged my fascia and punctured a hole so large it spewed all the oil out of my Viper (some of you know the story from way back over 5K in damage).

ANYWAY...this puncture was from God knows what, it's smaller and leaks but not extremely bad or anything, just looking to get it fixed finally after neglecting my baby for so long.

Can it be repaired? If so how should I do it? What do I use?

If it needs to be replaced, where is the best place to buy the Oil Cooler from (not looking to break the bank here lol).

ALSO, any ideas of mesh grills or anything to protect this from happening again? I am definitely adding something but it has to look good, I just can;t let this happen again.

Any help is greatly appreciated! :2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
id go used and i think 2VC did his last year with an aftermarket one if i recall.

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is 2VC a person on the site? Sorry i've been gone for years.

I plan on buying some HID's for the Viper soon so i figure I might as well repair the oil Cooler while I have the front fascia off anyway.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is 2VC a person on the site? Sorry i've been gone for years.

I plan on buying some HID's for the Viper soon so i figure I might as well repair the oil Cooler while I have the front fascia off anyway.

I'm guessing 2VC stands for 2 Viper Chuck who is Chuck 98 RT/10 on the site. HID's are on my "soon to do" list as well. Keep us updated on that

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, wasn't me Plum. My oil cooler sprung a leak and I had it welded several years ago with no trouble since. I replaced my radiator with a used one a couple years ago and had the original rebuilt.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
May I ask where you had it welded and how much the cost was to have it repaired?

Anybody with TIG welder can do it. Mine was leaking around the fitting. I removed the cooler and took it to a weld shop. I don't recall how much it cost, probably less than $50.

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody with TIG welder can do it. Mine was leaking around the fitting. I removed the cooler and took it to a weld shop. I don't recall how much it cost, probably less than $50.

Oh mine isn;t leaking at any fitting. mine has impact damage in the lower right area of the cooler. Looks like a used Oil Cooler is the best option I guess. I'm going to give jon B a call and/Or thee Wizard to see if they can help me out with a used one. Thanks for the help guys!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang