Oil dipstick

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a dipstick, I'm thinking like the one's that snap on for auto transmission sticks, to replace the one on my oil for my viper. Oil keeps blowing out of the stick. I even got one of those screw type kits but it still blows out between the stick & screw-on adapter. Especially under high rpms. It makes a mess of the passenger side engine. Any help would be much appreciated!

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You obviously have some blow-by and crankcase venilation issues...

Until you get that fixed, you don't need the dipstick in the car - all the time. Just when you check your oil level.

Since you have too much pressure in the crankcase trying to get out, how about clamping a length of hose to the dipstick tube and attaching the other end to a baffled aluminum catch tank like John puts next to the rh pop off valve on his SRT-10 TT?
(0-150mph in 12 seconds, October Road & Track, pg 60)

I have one on my car: http://members.tripod.com/norwalkvipernats/tank.jpeg (not connected to the dipstick tube)

Then you can drain oil from the catch can as needed out the bottom drain.

- Then order some new rings.

OP
OP
V

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent idea! I already have a catch can installed by John for blow by issues so I'll take some hose & T into it from the dipstick. Thanks for the ideas!

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're getting blow by at your dipstick what about the valve cover vents that used to be hooked into the air box? Does that empty into the catch can?