Oil Pressure

Nocturnal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

Just wondering if running at 60 psi/lbs during all conditions from idle to driving at 2000 to 3000 rpm's is normal. I know while driving my other vehicles that the oil pressure will go down after the oil warms up and then will go up while driving, but the Viper seems to stay at 60 if I am driving or just sitting there.

Thanks for any comments
Dave

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe my 92 idles at 40 and it's at 50 or so at full acceleration and normal driving...I guess if the meter is OK, it should always fluctuate a bit, can't imagine there engines which have the same pressures at idle and full throttle. Just my idea.

OP
OP
N

Nocturnal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey,

Sorry should have included the year huh.. she is a 2000 GTS with just about 24k miles.
I got the car a month before I went on deployment and just got back 1 week ago. During that time I have spent most of it installing a full Belanger exhaust, oil, rear end and transmission fluids, Quality Wires, Woodhouse motor/transmission mounts and the power steering pulley and bracket. Talk about being busy so today was the first day I got to start her up and idle for awhile. But the oil pressure did not change when at operating temp if I gave her some gas or not.

I did notice one of the oil lines coming from the oil filter housing looked like it was bent a little but I could still flex the line. It is the line closest to the engine when looking down over the pass. wheel. I will try and get a pic.

Thanks
Dave

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 95 runs around 60-65 at higher rpm's, 35-40 at idle when hot. You should see some flucuation in the oil pressure once the oil is good and hot when idleing versus higher rpms. May want to have that kinkee oil line looked at as this may be your issue.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The oil pressure gauge is so heavily dampened that it's virtually worthless.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, you could try a different sending unit for your oil gauge. It would be an inexpensive try. I've got them in stock if you need one.
914-763-3136

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te