OK here are the pix of gen lll engine, Thanks Tony

8AVETTE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Detroit Auto Show pix. I know a lot of people have been asking to see the gen lll engine, here they are. Thanks to Tony for hosting.
You must be registered for see images

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I betcha the SRT-10 is lookin' sweeter by the minute!

WOW!

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think that the intake manifold is not the final one. I remember seeing the intake on another VGX and the Comp Coupe and was told immediately, that the intake would be differant. I believe they have a version which yeilds more power.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pics are finally up! Thanks!

"Spread-bore" throttle bodies? Now that's interesting. That should help drivability.

Tri-Y exhaust manifolds? Shades of the old Max Wedge exhaust!

Looks like a nice, big oil pan.

Still have cross-bolted main caps.

Nice packaging of the coil packs under the intake plenum.

Richard K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from the auto show a little while ago. That SRT on display is really taking a beating from the crowds down there. They locked it...in fact the handle "lids" look like they were either removed or broken off. I'm really surprised though that they didn't rope it off. I was also surprised to see a (for the most part) non-functional diffuser on the rear. It's a nice detail and does adds some to the car's overall appearence. This was also the first time I've seen the car in person. I got my certificate today, and went down there very open minded and hoping to be overwhelmed with excitement. Not sure what it is or isn't about the car, but it's just not the same feeling I had when I saw the GTS six years ago. Just my personnal opinion, but looks like there may be an additional car out there for someone who's a bit more enthusiastic about the styling.

Richard K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice pics. That yellow Spider was awesome. The Vanquish V12 engine they had on display was also pretty impressive.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark,

I would expect it to be progressive. It's hard to tell from that angle, but the shafts (at least the primary side) appear to be offset from the center of the plate. Don't know if they are dual oval like the Magnum V-8s, oval/round or round-round.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper