Ok, I give up. Help me with my stupid question!

illegalspeeds

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.....what's a creampuff?

a) Newer Vipers with the lighter pistons.
b) Gen II Vipers with windows.
c) None of the above.

I have been reading this for a couple of weeks and it's really bothering me. I know, I am an idiot noob, non-Viper owner, but pretty soon I will be an idiot noob Viper owner!

Matt

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.....what's a creampuff?

a) Newer Vipers with the lighter pistons.
b) Gen II Vipers with windows.
c) None of the above.

I have been reading this for a couple of weeks and it's really bothering me. I know, I am an idiot noob, non-Viper owner, but pretty soon I will be an idiot noob Viper owner!

Matt
d) A creme filled pastry whose ingestion in sufficent quantity will no longer allow you to fit in a any Viper of any given year.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2000 to 2005 have cast pistons, then forged pistons in the earliar cars, thats why they call them creampuffs,hp is just as good.

not really some of the top guys say not only do the forged have a little more RWHP and RWTQ to start but they also react better to most mods.

S-JC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A "creampuff" means it's the cream of the crop as far as Vipers are concerned.

Or, you'll "cream" when you see a '00 and up GTS in person.
:cool:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"the forged have a little more RWHP and RWTQ to start but they also react better to most mods"

The only thing that forged pistons will do for you is not break so fast when abused, such as during periods of detonation.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the hotter cam in the early GENII's that result it the "little more HP" and "react better to most mods" comment, not the forged pistons, though these period cars have both.