ok I need your ideas

grnsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a Green 95 - I have considered a repaint to a "sportier" color many times - it depends upon who you are attempting to impress. At 650TQ at 3500RPM with a Roe SC, I think most friends who have experienced my Viper don't talk about the color. A quality paint job will cost 4-5000, spend a little more and increase your power and make an unforgettable difference (I am assuming your engine is stock).

OP
OP
O

ohiodoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes that is true, but my car has 67k of miles and it showes from original owner, it needs a new paint job on front end.

grnsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Having a Green 95 myself, if I really needed a paint job, given that I have already significantly modified the engine, I would choose a different color, probably red or black.

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would suggest a maroon metallic or better yet a candy apple red metallic. I think the latter would be stunning!

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had contemplated the same exact thing as you. I have a green GEN 1 which is hooked up very nice, here is a recent pic.

IMG_0405.JPG

Before i did this, i was debating painting the car Ferrari Grigio Alloy (it is a light blue/ silver) Rediculous color...I have seen a few 360's like that. My friend painted his M3 this color after i suggested it and it came out AMAZING...Bottom line if you want a totally custom car that you are going to keep then you should go for it, but if there is another Viper color you are in love with, you are much better off selling your car and buying different. Good luck.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
A quality paint job will cost 4-5000,

I wish. Unless you do it yourself you're going to have to
double that estimate. A named profesional (like Loucks or
LeValle) will triple it.

I'm a fan of the green too, but I can respect the fact that
if you're going to paint it you want to go different. I'd lean
towards the candy apple or marron, but one of the coolest
colours I've seen was dark blood red (magicboy's old RT.) Wasn't
far off from stock, but the difference was remarkable.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2 cents........

LOWER THE CAR!

Get the car professionally buffed / detailed so the paint will POP

FACTORY size and style silver stripes

A classic car in a classic color.........keep it that way