OK OK opinions needed badly

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Black 99 RT/10 with cognac interior. I just purchased a carbon fiber mopar spoiler so i will be adding it shortly. I'm adding vinyl stripes but CAN'T decide which color to go with. I'm thinking either red or silver, whats your opinions? I know some of you already replied but i'm still stuck lol so if you all could help out opinions would be appreciated, even those who replied before. IF ANYONE could photoshop some pics it would make it easier as well, can anyone do that here? Thanks alot guys :usa:

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think you can go wrong with Silver, but I have seen a Black GTS with red stripes and it looked pretty good. I am not sure if it is someone on here, but I saw it being trailered to the V10 Nats in Bowling Green last year.

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Silver

Black and red just don't go together when stripping. At least they can be removed if you got sell it...

Anything wrong with white?

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definately the Silver. The all black cars look Sinister, but the Silver stripes give it an almost elegant, black tie kind of look.

:usa: Nick :usa:

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like silver is the Champ here, thanks for the feedback guys. No theres nothing wrong with white but i think silver looks better.

Now regular silver or like a metallic silver?

GimmeTheSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a quick photoshop, not the best but it gives you the idea. Silver is hands down the best. Good luck, later!

8476grey.jpg

8476red.jpg

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Silver. defintiely. I saw _one_ car w/ the red stripes and it looked good. but it got wrecked. bad karma in red stripes on a black car...

JD

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Metallic Silver is my first thought,

BUT

if you have a cognac interior, would a dark metallic copper/brown/bronze look good ?

The issue with being on the outside of the car is something in the brown/gold family of colors may clash with the silver/chrome wheels. I still think you could pull off Bronze though. Very "smokey & the bandit"...

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Absolutely SILVER.....and since they're vinyl, you can simply peel them off if you don't like them.

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joseph Dell ~
geeze i'm definately not going with the red now lol i dont need any badf Karma, siver it is guys, or metallic silver, i'm thinkin metallic silver would look better.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Honestly buy both colors and decide for yourself. I put on Vinyl stripes years ago. 98 GTS. No rocket science. Yes it took time but in the end it came out really well. I screwed with three shades of blue before deciding.....

1465165SilverBlueGTS-med.jpg

1465509IMG_0240_2_-med-med.jpg

1465432DSC_0651-med.jpg

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< if you have a cognac interior, would a dark metallic copper/brown/bronze look good ? >>

i was wondering the same thing. might look really good with the right tint. otherwise, with chrome wheels - silver. :2tu:

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's several different shades of Metallic Silver. Ask
to view a color pallet & have a vinyl vendor cut a few
8" stripes 1-2' in lenght, Place them on your hood then
make a decision. FYI some vendors will do this for no charge
if you commit to a purchase with them.

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IEATVETS ~
hey hey lol i stand enough watch as it is lol, and i can only work-out so much. Besides standing watch, computer, and the gym theres nothing else to do. I'd go crazy if i didnt have you guys to bug :)

So i'm pretty sure silver is going to be my choice but like you said BURT G i'll look at a few shades and compare, great advice. thanks to all of you guys for the help :)

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim,

Look at Joe's (PBJ)in our club's avatar pic. It's a GTS, but his is black with red stripes. Also, here is a pic of Sean's car which is sapphire with/ red stripes in the back row. It looks black from a distance.

4624DSC00189-med.JPG

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is Sean's car now w/the silver; looks much better IMO. I took this pic just a couple months ago (notice the Pumpkin Pie blizzard sign) :D

4624DSC00711-med.JPG

OP
OP
J

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RX~
Thanks for the info, Hopefully the weather is nice in early March because i'll be home for leave, you up for a cruise and lunch/drinks, weather permitting?
Ah i can't wait to get home :)

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim,

Look at Joe's (PBJ)in our club's avatar pic. It's a GTS, but his is black with red stripes. Also, here is a pic of Sean's car which is sapphire with/ red stripes in the back row. It looks black from a distance.

4624DSC00189-med.JPG

That is a really nice picture.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know it! Fill up the NX bottle and we're off.. We'll be ready and you'll hate to hear it but it was in the 60's yesterday and I didn't even get to drive my car. Today rain and mid 40's. Yucky winter blues again. We're getting them out of the way before you come in March!

Thx 355!

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear your stripping it.We can't have two black 99R/T's in the 10's so close!

OH WAIT!!

10's was last year :smirk:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte