OK. When is the Mopar Track Computer coming out?

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flash -- the last estimate from Mark Jorgensen and Herb Helbig was "soon" and sometime in the next two weeks or so.

/Rich

Reaction score
Specs plz.

The specs are not published yet but the PCM will need to be dealer installed because of the need for the throttles to be calibrated and other learned things. The main features the controller will offer is the widened ranges in the sensors and no check engine lights with "most" bolt on mods.

Reaction score
Mark, if a dealer installs it, isn't your warranty out the window?

That is probably up to the individual dealers. I think the thought from Mopar is that it is an approved modification but for off road use only. I'm not so sure the warranty company part of the business will feel the same.

Plus if you are using an off road part you may be "off road" implying track events which in the end may void your coverage. Either way the dealer will have to help you install it with the proper electronic tools and a connection to Chrysler while doing the change. Just be sure you have a dealer that you have some faith in when you choose.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is probably up to the individual dealers. I think the thought from Mopar is that it is an approved modification but for off road use only. I'm not so sure the warranty company part of the business will feel the same.

Plus if you are using an off road part you may be "off road" implying track events which in the end may void your coverage. Either way the dealer will have to help you install it with the proper electronic tools and a connection to Chrysler while doing the change. Just be sure you have a dealer that you have some faith in when you choose.
Are you saying Woodhouse will back up the warranty if they do the install?

Reaction score
Are you saying Woodhouse will back up the warranty if they do the install?

We have learned to not make promises that we cannot personally control the outcome of. With that said Bill and I have always fought for our customers in a questionable situation. We cannot always get the end result you may want, but we both try to find a way to make the sting as small as possible, more than most dealers would I would hope.

If we weren't pretty good at this I suspect we would not have so many loyal customers and we do mods on about 75% of the cars that come though the shop and sales end. We also try and stay in touch with the SRT group and get their input on situations that come up if we can. This way the mods we do are safe ones and proven to be trouble free. This will most likely fall into this category from what I have been told.

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, and one more thing!!! Will this work on the 09s also or are they that much different already????
I just cant leave well enough alone!

Reaction score
OK, and one more thing!!! Will this work on the 09s also or are they that much different already????
I just cant leave well enough alone!

Jeff,

They will work great on all Gen4 cars. See the posting I made on the 08' tuning thread. I have dyno sheets there for you and comments.

Thanks,

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am sure that i am in the Minority. My feelings are that if you decide to modify anything on your car, the warranty should be Voided.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960