OK who got a no front plate ticket leaving from Tators BBQ at the Bridge

Vanquish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

Leaving to Long Island with a possy of about 15-20 Vipers from Tators Fantastic BBQ. I forgot my EasyPass in my other car so I had to head over to the Cash Lane at the Bridge. As I slowly proceed forward. I notice that the easy Pass lanes has come to a halt in 4 lanes. As I get closer I notice that Police officers are walking and pulling over all the vipers. They have literally stopped traffic. As I get to the Toll Cash Both I notice a Officer heading over to me. I pay he stops me and askes for all my documentation. He says " Do you know why you and your buddys are getting pulled over?" I say " No". He says " This is New York state and you don't have a front plate mounted on your car". I say sorry but there is no place to mount it also I show him an "Item" which I save for times like this. He says " Have a nice day but we are ticketing you buddies, now go put that front plate on your car". Needless to say I didn't get the ticket, I was lucky :2tu: .

I was amazed that they actually stopped 4 lanes of easypass traffic to pullover Vipers.

By the way, Chuck The Wizard has done it again with a fantastic and fabulous gathering. My hat off to you Chuck.

Regards,
BR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your out of state, they are not allowed to ticket you for that offense. Sounds like BS 2 ME.

Its like expired EMISSIONS tickets, they cant nail you for them if its NOT a car registered in their state.

Jon

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got one a few years ago, it was a little surprising, like $50? However, it was after being pulled over for 71 in 55 (I was being a ******, I know,) and the guy wrote it for no front plate instead.

Anyway, Vanquish, got any more of those "items" that would help us? ;)

Black Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vanquish, please send me a PM also if you don't mind. I am curious too about this "item" you speak of. Thanks!

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What a load of sh*t....
And its not even the end of month... so I thought it would be safe to drive?

Cash register justice - as far as I'm concerned traffic cops should be done away with almost entirely.
Simply revenue machines.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We drove home on 84west and then 81south to Harrisburg.
We were hitting 150-160.
Eat that.... NO TICKETS!!! (oh, and no front plates)

Jerry Colpitts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey vanquish, it was nice meeting you today. i got pulled over on my way to the bbq. for 86mph no warning or ticket. cop was a nice guy. send me a pm i also want to know the secret weapon.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS. Around 11AM we were greeted by a local trooper on 84, just before 35. He used the bullhorn to ask if we were going to Tators?
We nicked and he said: "Have a great day"

This must have been a local guy?

Firecat F7 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who was the dork from Jersey that had the front plate mounted to his car?
Ooops...It was me!
I think I had the only Viper today at the BBQ with a front plate actually mounted. You can see it sticking out like a sore thumb in one of the pictures posted from the BBQ.
I really do hate the way it looks but have gotten used to it somewhat. Actually I have no choice other than to get used to it because of the 2 permanent holes that I had to tearfully drill through the fascia. I kind of regret putting it on, but at the time I thought it was an absolute must to have.
It seems like 99% do not have the front plate.
Do you guys always get pulled over without the front plate? If that is the case, I guess I am glad I put it on.I would hate to be hassled by that all the time.
Or do you seem to get pulled over mostly if a whole group is together without plates?

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is it the red genI? i used to ahve it like this as well. took if off cause guys used to make fun of me al the time. got the holes filled in for $200 and bought plate mount from Jon B at parts rack. its great and works really well.

Firecat F7 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is it the red genI? i used to ahve it like this as well. took if off cause guys used to make fun of me al the time. got the holes filled in for $200 and bought plate mount from Jon B at parts rack. its great and works really well.
It is the 98 red GenII in the picture of Moundir..right behind his car.
Was the plate mount on your car today? How does it attach? Easy on..easy off?...I may consider getting the holes repaired for something like that but at the same time, I don't feel like being hassled without the plate on. Do you put your plate on at certain times to avoid being pulled over and take it off at other times?

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is the 98 red GenII in the picture of Moundir..right behind his car.
Was the plate mount on your car today? How does it attach? Easy on..easy off?...I may consider getting the holes repaired for something like that but at the same time, I don't feel like being hassled without the plate on. Do you put your plate on at certain times to avoid being pulled over and take it off at other times?

yes really easy. i use mine as a daily driver so when drivin it around on weekdays i put it on. when get together with the guys i take it off and place it in the trunk. job b has em. really great design. the sell for $50.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We drove home on 84west and then 81south to Harrisburg.
We were hitting 150-160.
Eat that.... NO TICKETS!!! (oh, and no front plates)

you forgot to say that we only did that on the closed sections of highway :2tu:

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"you forgot to say that we only did that on the closed sections of highway"

Thats right! I forgot to mention that the other lane was closed for construction. :headbang: :headbang: :2tu: