Oldest Viper Owners...

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 62 but that's nothing.

Virgil Coffman in Decatur, IL just bought a new Bumblebee Camaro.

Virgil is 101.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQHP1Qn7CdE[/media]

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some of you make it sound like we purchased a one off Lamborghini or Ferrari...It`s a Viper,not a million dollar exotic for christ sakes.:lmao:

Yes, but did you know how much that Viper purchase money would be worth when a 20-something-year-old is ready to retire?

I'll use a relatively low used Viper purchase figure of $30,000. That $30,000, if it grew at a 5% interest rate, compounded annually, would be worth $211,199.66 in 40 years. Looks like you could have bought that Lamborghini or Ferrari after all. ;)

tennis tom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm 61. The beauty of the viper is that compared to other exotics with relatively equal performance it is a BARGAIN! It is well within affordablilty of anyone who works and puts their mind to getting one. You don't have to buy a new one, low mileage used ones can be bought for the price of an average new car.

The great thing about the USA is opportunities to make money are out there through hard work or smart investments. Unfortunately, the way things are going with the present administration, this may not last much longer.

Hopefully the Viper will not cease to exist--like my three nearest Chrysler dealerships here on the left coast--put out of business in the name of "job-creation".

If you want a Viper, I would get one sooner than later. I feel the Viper will be the "65 Cobra of the future. The Viper is the bullet-proof bargain in the world of exotic sports cars. I am betting that they are sure to apreciate in the decades to come, especially if Fiat kills them off to prevent them from competing with their Ferrari.

Vipers are definitely under appreciated by auto journalists, with 'nary a mention in the articles I have been recently reading. New Audi and Lexus sportscars and other exotics cost exponentialy more offering similar performance to Viper--but they do have back seats to carry all the nannys.

Last edited:

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some of you make it sound like we purchased a one off Lamborghini or Ferrari...It`s a Viper,not a million dollar exotic for christ sakes.:lmao:

Naw...didn't want anything that slow. Never seen a street Ferrari or Lambo I couldn't pass at willow.

BTW....53

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do you want to know this? Are you making up a list of additional, suggested future accessories to post for Herb? For example: In car Depends dispenser, in dash prescription renewal reminder, heated lumbar back support for lower back pain, vehicle exit assist device for those times when it is just too hard to get out of the vehicle, a button that can be pushed to ask "where am I and how do I get home?" and/or "who am I?", a clapper to start and stop the engine.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh I take that back (I'm 49)

think you are right and I met her at the Niagara Falls trip:2tu:

If you are speaking of Barb...she is something else! Drove her Gen 1 all the way down to the Texas Round Up two years ago!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21