2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
P2180006_3.jpg

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm assuming that's an '08/'09?:dunno:

If that's stock, the MPH is crazy!(In a good way!):headbang: ET ain't bad either.

**Looking at the time slips again - The 60' on the 2nd slip is incredible (for stock PS2's) and the 1/8 MPH @ 110 - WoW!!

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Guys! Yup, 2006 Viper SRT10 Coupe Paxton (stock boost, still has that nifty little wire seal on it).

I'll give you the story to the times. I have wanted for the last 6 months to hit a track and see what she really was capable of. Getting the time to go was never right, even tried about a month ago, and it rained that day :(. It was supposed to rain that Halloween morning too, but I awoke to a beautiful day. Hannah told me, looks like a day to drag race. She knew what I had been wanting to do for a while. Thats all I needed to hear.

Packed my sheet (helmet, gloves, 6 points and hans device.) And headed out. The odd thing was I felt really nervous about what was to come. I felt an impending doom, and yet I kept trecking closer and closer to the track (1 hour 40 min drive each way). Then I got there, still feeling like something bad was going to happen. Did my first run, clipped a 10.70s, I was like... hmm not bad.. still feel like something not so good is going to happen. Take a 15 min break... guys start coming up to me. "is that thing stock?" lol... answered a few more questions, and then said screw it, I know its got more in it, let me give her one more shot.

I lied to myself saying if I pulled a 10.60s I'd quit. That very run, clipped a 10.60s.

Parked her again. Thought.. hmm.. I said I wouldnt.. but... maybe... just 1 more...

Went to watch for a quick minute before giving it another shot, and then it happen. Guy i was watching blew his motor and hit the wall.

GAME OVER. I went home.. lol.

So those are honest to god, my only two runs. Wont say she has anything more then what I'm showing, but certainly she had no less, as I am hiding no 'bad runs.' Just had two.

Not bad.

Jon

Last edited:

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Must not be your first time at a track to have R/T that good or to be that consistant with your runs.:drive:

Congratulations.:2tu: Great feeling when you can get a good track and get a launch without breaking traction isn't it?:headbang::headbang:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THIS IS GREAT NEWS...Im very happy that someone who could actually half way drive took their paxton car to the track..hearing the roe gen2 guys bragg was getting a lil irritating...

So thier it is..A stock paxton set up is good for mid 10's at around 135 mph...

Word to the wise...If your looking for a Viper that will eat a ZR1 look no farther than a 2003 SRT10 with a 6 psi paxton installed..Should set you back 42K or so...

Verry good news to hear and congrats

spmorgan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's what I'm building. Once the Paxton is installed it will be right about $42K! Can't wait :)

OP
OP
2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twister and spmorgan, lets be clear about something. I have a stock paxton super charger, as I havent modified it, or changed pulleys, or did anything to it for that matter, from how it came from paxton (after woodhouse installed it). That being said, paxton's do about 8 lbs of boost, not 6. And I am FAR from 'stock kit.' Including an intercooler swap, and most importantly a Dyno Tune By DC Performance. I also have a custom exhaust modified from a Corsa 3.0 Track. Larger Throttle Body, alumn flywheel, performance clutch, quaiffe differential, ACR Rotors (lighter then stock), SSR Rims (lighter then stock), B&M short shift, BFGs, and perhaps a few others things not mentioned.

The best part is the block is completely stock (other then putting the comp coupe oil pan on it), the paxton S/C unit is untouched, and even the exhaust manifolds are stock (no headers, she's quiet (relatively speaking)).

Jon

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the mods list.....A bit more than just a stock paxton set up..But still relatively speaking....Your probaLLY ONLY PUSHING AROUND 650 RWHP sae RIGHT...Wich is what lots of guys push after slightly modifying their paxtons on stock cars for a lil more boost...Id personally prefer your method of just 8 psi and more mods interkooler ect to get that 650-700 rwhp SAE...Rather than upping the boost.

What is your SAE power?

05CopperHD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great times. Those drag radials must make a huge difference. I haven't ran a 1/4 mile track yet, but the best 1/8 times I can get with Sport Cups and stock Paxton is 7.9 at 98mph. I'm pushing 688rwhp and 621tq with some of the mods you listed (See sig block). It's amazing you're almost a second quicker in the 1/8 than I. I'm spinning most of the way down so must be driver error.:(

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twister and spmorgan, lets be clear about something. I have a stock paxton super charger, as I havent modified it, or changed pulleys, or did anything to it for that matter, from how it came from paxton (after woodhouse installed it). That being said, paxton's do about 8 lbs of boost, not 6. And I am FAR from 'stock kit.' Including an intercooler swap, and most importantly a Dyno Tune By DC Performance. I also have a custom exhaust modified from a Corsa 3.0 Track. Larger Throttle Body, alumn flywheel, performance clutch, quaiffe differential, ACR Rotors (lighter then stock), SSR Rims (lighter then stock), B&M short shift, BFGs, and perhaps a few others things not mentioned.

The best part is the block is completely stock (other then putting the comp coupe oil pan on it), the paxton S/C unit is untouched, and even the exhaust manifolds are stock (no headers, she's quiet (relatively speaking)).

Jon

Nice run Jon

I never ran my Paxton car with drag radials on the track but I wish I would have. My best time was a [email protected] on Pirellis. You be surprised how many Viper owners track their cars and have some respectable numbers to show for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang