On the Corvette forum.....

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=513193

Auto week vette vrs viper 3:20 AM 3/14/2003

Watched auto week on tv this afternoon, had a thing on viper vrs vette. They said the Z06 was the best overall sports car and the best bang for the buck in performance and the most predictable and best handling. Viper ran 1/4 in 12.4, vette 12.9 . zero to sixty viper3.9 vette 4.1 price difference about 30k They said that all though the vett gave up almost 100 hp to the viper it made up for it on the roadcourse by turning quicker lap times!!!!

They said this was against an '03 Viper. WHAT????? :confused:

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who knows who is driving and what their abilities are! I wish they would post their lap times, not just say that one is faster. I kinda gave up paying too much attention to this type of review when I heard one of them say that they turned better times with the corvette, and really liked the safety net that the traction control provided. I have never heard anyone who can drive turning as good a time with the traction control on as they do with it entirely off, even their "competition" setting. Let's see some lap times from known tracks with good drivers and then we will really know what's up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960