5580White_Coupe_1.jpg

5580White_Coupe_with_Rims_1.jpg

OP
OP
A

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I honestly wasnt sure if you guys/gals would like it. :p Sorry for the quality of the pics, the resilution on one of the pics I had to use wasnt to great.

nohsreg2000

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Austin......excellent work. I wish I had the talent to do that, you made the vision in my head a reality. The rear end is how it needs to be, with a GTS roof line. DC should build something close to the CC or just put a tastfull roofline on an SRT, as you did very nicely. The back end on the Concept Coupe was pathetic.

OP
OP
A

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Austin......excellent work. I wish I had the talent to do that, you made the vision in my head a reality. The rear end is how it needs to be, with a GTS roof line. DC should build something close to the CC or just put a tastfull roofline on an SRT, as you did very nicely. The back end on the Concept Coupe was pathetic.

Thanks, Nate! :2tu:

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Austin,
GREAT job. That's a design that incorporated the best attributes of the SRT-10, the comp coupe and is a very attractive car. It doesn't look like they just supplanted the back end of a GTS on the car.

I know everybody talks about making sure the car is "livable" and yu can get into the hatch area, etc. No - that shouldn't be your first concern - in fact that should be WAY down on the list. It should be stunning with power and handling to match. Then you can talk about practicality / livability. That's one reason the SRT-10 is as uninspiring as it is - it's too much of a compromise. It's an "easy" car to drive. It's too tame. In fact, I hav efound myself wishing mine had things like Homelink. Then, I am like, what the heck and I thinking - this is supposed to be the baddest ass car on US soil. I never would have asked for Homelink in my GTS - I knew better - I knew that wasn't what the car was about.

Make the coupe look like Austins. Make it have killer power and handling. Make it a PITA to live with - only then will you get the rabid fans back. Please don't water it down to appeal to the Corvette "step up buyer".

Thanks.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are your thoughts?

5580White_Coupe_1.jpg

14side1.jpg

I like that one from the side, much more so that the New Coupe Concept. The top looks stretched out a bit, the side windows are more lean, and the back is flowing with the front of the car! :2tu:

I would love to see some photoshop with color changes and wheel options! :usa:

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also think that the Photoshop Vipers look nice, but you need to compare lowered, big wheel cars with one another.
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
A

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the one above (wheels anyway; Toby did the lowering and clor change). The first Coupe PS I did (white one in my first post with the SRT wheels) all I did was lower it, add the top and tint windows. It was a white Mamba to begin with.

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also think that the Photoshop Vipers look nice, but you need to compare lowered, big wheel cars with one another.

Snakester...... BINGO! Man, all these photoshop'd versions of a new Coupe look GREAT to me. But...... BUT........ we need to be talking about REALITY here if we want the factory people to take us seriously.

Yea, the white coupe above is stunning. Just a couple of major problems though. One..... that nice chop job is just about going to eliminate any one of us over 5'2 from ever driving it. Bummer. Details, details. Two, let's PLEASE see pictures of all these altered designs..... but, with the HUGE gaps in the wheel wells, the body sitting way up in the air, and wheels and tires tucked neatly under the fenders....... like is HAS to be for production purposes!!!!!!

Many of us, including me, seem to think the Comp Coupe, as it sits, is AWESOME. Everyone says BUILD IT!!! But, I did my own version on paper of how it would have to be presented as a production street car, and all of a sudden those nice rear quarter panels became bulbous, and out of proportion to me. It just plain looked "funny" sitting so far up in the air...... with what looked like baby tires in the wheel wells.

Just my two cents. :crazy:

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now you are talking!

Austin - I hope DC is lurking this board because you just outdid them in the design stakes. Your rendition looks sleek and purposeful - creating a blend of classic Viper with the new generation SRT10.

If they used your rooflines then simply lost that ridge line along each side to give more curve - and make the rear fenders look fat like the GTS instead of big and round like the Vette and SRT10 - it'd be perfect... tho I'd have a wing and 18" Purners on that baby :D

OP
OP
A

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Snakester...... BINGO! Man, all these photoshop'd versions of a new Coupe look GREAT to me. But...... BUT........ we need to be talking about REALITY here if we want the factory people to take us seriously.

Yea, the white coupe above is stunning. Just a couple of major problems though. One..... that nice chop job is just about going to eliminate any one of us over 5'2 from ever driving it. Bummer. Details, details. Two, let's PLEASE see pictures of all these altered designs..... but, with the HUGE gaps in the wheel wells, the body sitting way up in the air, and wheels and tires tucked neatly under the fenders....... like is HAS to be for production purposes!!!!!!

Many of us, including me, seem to think the Comp Coupe, as it sits, is AWESOME. Everyone says BUILD IT!!! But, I did my own version on paper of how it would have to be presented as a production street car, and all of a sudden those nice rear quarter panels became bulbous, and out of proportion to me. It just plain looked "funny" sitting so far up in the air...... with what looked like baby tires in the wheel wells.

Just my two cents. :crazy:

Heres the picture I started with.

You must be registered for see images

Firewater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NICE WORK DUDE!!! I love the look of that! Totally what it should really look like. It has the look of a coupe, but still has the lines of the SRT.

:headbang: :headbang: :2tu:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone photoshop that White Coupe with a Rear wing similiar to the other?

Like this?

5580White_Coupe_with_Rims_3_with_Wing.jpg

Not the one I meant( I wasn't very clear! :p ), but the black looks pretty good with white/black!

How about a GTS-R Concept wing? Or a smaller one like on the New Coupe/GTS?

Thanks and Nice work!! :2tu:

Shakin Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me the VOI Coupe is a better looking car. The Photoshop coupe is bulked up too much in the rear and looks heavier than the concept coupe.

I'm really looking forward to what DC ends up with the the North Am. show in January. What was shown two weeks ago in Dallas is a great beginning.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Austin, your version seems to be more aggresive, and I like it more than the VOI version from the side. It just seems to be more of what a new version should look like rather than what they made. Can you e-mail a some of those photo's so I can send them in to DC Design? Very nice job.

[email protected]

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Austin, your version seems to be more aggresive, and I like it more than the VOI version from the side. It just seems to be more of what a new version should look like rather than what they made. Can you e-mail a some of those photo's so I can send them in to DC Design? Very nice job.

[email protected]

AUSTIN - WAKE UP - this is not a dream - do what the man says now!!!

:headbang: :D :2tu:

Steve - I am impressed :2tu: hope DC love it as much as we do