Oops, part fell off, is it covered under warranty?

Reaction score
Behind the front wheel, in the wheel well, there is a BLACK plastic piece measuring 3" x 11-1/4", it is secured by three (3) plastic screws.

While pulling into the garage after a next drive, I heard a slight dragging noise and looked under the car and the passenger side piece was being held by only one (1) screw and the plastic was marked up badly from being dragged.

What is the name and part number of this piece and is it covered under warranty?
I will need this piece (passenger side)and the three screws.

Who has it -Tator or Woodhouse, HELP?

kwiksilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Turbo63 would tell you yellow is so fast you can't keep it together. :smirk: But more to the point warranty should cover it and just about any Dodge dealer should be able to handle that.

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George, was that nice?! And to boot on New Years Eve! Man,... just finished dinner and perusing while digesting. I would call Bill Pemberton or Mark Jorgenson at Woodhouse on Monday. And yes just like inspecting a jet before take-off a yellow SRT need attention given it's speed capability and aggressive, impressive, intimidating good looks! :D

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are you sure you don't mean the plastic tab that just "clips" in? Mine fell off too, but there were no screws. just a clip in tab(s). Called Chuck Tator and had 3 ordered as he said this is a common problem...

G

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dragged mine off over a speed bump.

The little plastic piece is crazy expensive. I think it's around $30 for each one.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have lost one on each of my SRT's, both after washing the car. And both replaced under warranty with no sweat. And on mine there were no screws - just a couple latches that are turned by hand. Or gravity, or bumps, or water, or ... ;)

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine were both held on by one fastener only when I got the car. My local dealer hooked me up with the remaining fasteners before I had a chance to break them off.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Does anyone have a part number for both, I need the passenger side piece and the three fasteners?

Can one of the dealers on this forum send them to me under warranty or do I have to go to a local dealer with the car?

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Part # is 6501590 and is called a Push-pin. You get the insert and drive pin. I believe they cost about 1.75. Can get at any Dodge dealer, probably used on other models.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
I also need the part number for the BLACK plastic piece measuring 3" x 11-1/4 on the passenger side. I guess the push pins are the same as those that secure the hood pad, which I have. Thanks.

If some people are experiencing the same problem of these pieces falling off, it sounds like a engineering design flaw, can a dealer on this fourm send me one under warranty without going to a local dealer. I hate hassles.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine fell off as well but was not covered as per Chuck. It cost roughly 15 bucks. Chuck got me two just in case. It is the panel to gain access to the inside of the front end - lights etc.

It simply slides in and locks in place - no screws. While the new one was a tight fit, I can see it getting jarred loose over time.

kwiksilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought we were talking about the "mini mud flap" behind the front tires, held in place with three push pins.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took both of mine off on purpose. Without the cats there was no purpose anymore so hasta la vista.

BTW there do seem to be posts taking about the clip-in access panels in the front. Lost one of those too.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, my bad: I am talking about the piece in front of the front wheels that access the lights. Lost two of those, both covered under warranty with no problem.

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went out to the garage and checked mine last night. The passenger side mud flap was hanging on by one fastener. I'm going to take one fastener off the driver's side and use it to hold the passenger side on until I can get by my dealer. Thanks for this post as it saved me some $$.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950