Open Track Day Pics and Videos - B.I.R.

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brainerd International Raceway is a high speed 3.1 mile road course in Brainerd, MN. I've been told it has the highest speed straight/corner combo on any road course in America. Back In May, I ran my GTS there four days after buying it. It went 150 on the straight and my best lap time was 1:56 on PS2's. Only mods were smooth tubes, K&N's and tiny 2 1/4" cat back pipes. I've since added a Roe supercharger. This past thursday I went back and ran 171 mph on the straight and back to back 1:50 laps on PS2's! And I'm a novice driver. What a blast!!

There was a great selection of cars there including a '97 GTS, '06 VCA Coupe #007, two Ford GT's, a Lambo Gallardo, two new Z06's, Lingenfelter C5 Vette, a 620+ whp Promotive Porsche 996TT, and my blown GTS. And they were all being driven the way they were meant to be driven!! The sights, sounds, and smells were magnificent! I managed to catch some of it on video.

I got a ride in the white Ford GT. What a car! I have a new appreciation for them now and would actually consider buying one but being 6' 4" just doesn't work.

Except for a few off track excursions and one minor incident, it was safe day. The Lingenfelter Vette spun and smacked the wall with the right rear and sustained minor damage. The dark blue GT went off track and filled the engine compartment, side scoops and under tray full of sand.

Here are links to the pics. Click on each pic to start the slideshow.
You must be registered for see images attach

Here are the videos. I uploaded each one on two different sites so if one link doesn't work well, try the other.

These are just some highlights from the day. I didn't get all the cars but I got the Lambo, the GT's, and Z06.

BIR Open Track Day Highlights
BIR Open Track Day Highlights

This one is my two best laps of the day.

1:50 Laps
1:50 Laps

This one is more in car video of the Vipers playing with the Vettes.

Vipers & Vettes
Vipers & Vettes

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool videos. That looked like a lot of fun! Thanks for posting.

Whoaa

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought you were planning on going mitch, at least thats what the prez had said