Options?

Blake Kercovich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excuse the n00b question, but did the 96/97 GTS Vipers have any options from the factory?
I am coming from the world of Vettes, where every year has dozens of options for suspension, radio, stuff like HUD, etc.
When ordering a Viper in 96/97 was there any choices besides interior and exterior color?
Just want to check, because I would hate to finally get a Viper, and then found I should have spent a little extra time trying to find one that has the highly desirable option "X"! :)

Thanks.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blake- I don't think there were any special options. There is an ACR Package that is offered but I think it came after 96-97.

I think all the Blue and White GTS Cars came with Black interiors.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's why Viper owners had to "buy" only one time, whereas Vette folks had to buy every year near about.

My car has absolutely EVERY and ALL factrory options:
Polished wheels
Hardtop

Not too much to ponder there my friend!

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen some with blue interiors (with White logos on the headrests), is this an aftermarket deal then?

Blake, yes that is an after market interior. There are 3 or 4 guys who offer those and they are quite sweet. I've had two different RT's both with interiors that were custom leather, customs colors, etc...They turn out awesome!

Good luck in your search!

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my 97 new & the stripes were a 1200$ option on the window sticker. Of course the blue & whaites are the fastest! How much horsepower does the stripes add?

VinR1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pdm, if the stripes were an option, is there any solid blue (no stripes) GTSs roaming around

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VinR1, no there are no "factory" all blue GTS's. There have been a couple that have been repainted to all blue. A picture of one can be found in the Summer 2003 issue of VIPER Magazine on page 23. Quite stunning. The reason that the stripes are qouted as an option simply comes down to money. It is a lot easier for Dodge to say that the stripes are going to cost you $1200 than for them to just tack on $1200 to the sticker.

-Nick-

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sort of like the 3k gas guzzler tax on the sticker, when a durango on the same showroom got 13 mpg combined but no GG tax.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good point. Does the new SRT-10 Truck have a gas guzzler tax? What's it's mpg? Can't be all that great.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness