Ordered a Graphite ACR with drivers stripe!

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I pulled the trigger and ordered a new ACR. I ordered every option. I only wish I could order the two tone red/black. Does anyone know anyone at Dodge that could make this easy option happen? I mean the interior red/black. I would love that! The black inside is too boring. I was going to order a GTS blue with black stiripes or sliver, but decided to go for the Graphite. What do you guys think?

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are they still making the Black with the red driver's stripe? That's the ACR color combo that I think looks really fantastic. I personally like the all black interior - the two tone only looks good on really high end cars. Dodge just doesn't seem to do as good a job with two-tone as I'd personally like - it kind of looks cheap in my opinion. The all black interior looks clean and classy (my $0.02 and with the current exchange rate, it's really just $0.01). Congrats with your order!

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I pulled the trigger and ordered a new ACR. I ordered every option. I only wish I could order the two tone red/black. Does anyone know anyone at Dodge that could make this easy option happen? I mean the interior red/black. I would love that! The black inside is too boring. I was going to order a GTS blue with black stiripes or sliver, but decided to go for the Graphite. What do you guys think?

I had that interior combo on the Mamba (red/Black) and felt it made the car...agree interior is too drab...they could have highlighted with stitching or something; check with JonB on the availability of red panels - you could replace them....did they give you a timeframe on when to expect the car???

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin thanks! And at least your opinion is still worth 1 cent mine is at zero with the exchange rate ;). I am going to get Ballanger long tubes and exhaust and K&Ns and mopar computer. Hopefully that will get me at least 50 horse. Socrates your Viper is awesome. How do you like the color? I have never seen one in person.

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They told me like 4 to 6 weeks. Order was placed a couple of days ago. I agree I don't like the plain black inside at all. Looks like I will have to like it in 4 to 6 weeks. I will have a touch of red on steering wheel and graphite console in a sea of black.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For an acr the graphite would be my first choice....i would prefer the all graphite with red stripe rather than the black hood....has anyone seen one of those
You must be registered for see images

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kendrick....Contact your Dealer to see if they can get the interior that you want. If not, Custom from Prefix...

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted the red on the inside of mine as well, I think what it came down to is that any car with the drivers stripe can't have the two tone interior?

vipernut94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You won't be sorry with your color choice. I just picked mine up yesterday! I had Dave at Roanoke Motors install the Bellanger headers/exhast and the Mopoar PCM. I only have 120 miles on it so far, so I haven't felt the power yet. I will post some pics in the next day or two. While pictures of this car look great (as you have seen in other posts), they absolutely don't do it justice!

I have to give a plug for John Gastman at Roanoke Motors who did a great job keeping me updated during my wait for this car. I also have to say that Jon B is awesome to work with. I can't wait to install the 6-point harness that has one red shoulder strap to continue the red stripe. The two Johns are awesome! And, while I'm at it, this car Rocks!:headbang: Thank you Dodge for building the ultimate track weapon!!!

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An easy way to brighten up the interior is to change the radio and shifter bezel to a bright color like Light Arc or Silver. Only $450 dollars for a big improvement IMHO. Mine has silver bezels as it's the Comm Ed. and I didn't realize how much it brightens up the interior and adds a little flair, until I got into an all black interior which was simple but dark.

Just a thought.:dunno:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like the all Black interior. "Stealth" mode, lol. Subtle and (unless you install a plaque the interior gives no hint as to the massive amounts of hp ready to be unleashed!

The interior lights are enough color for me.

Enjoy your new car

Ted

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why did you have to order one? I think someone has one ********** in stock for sale and avail NOW.

Most ACR owners do not want the ********** Package. There are some sitting on the lots but those will be the last to be sold.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most ACR owners do not want the ********** Package. There are some sitting on the lots but those will be the last to be sold.

For me it was a principle thing - they take out all the stereo components, tire inflator, and trunk carpets and they're nice enough to make that a "no charge" option? For "no charge" I can do that myself and still keep the parts for later use. Also, it wasn't clear to me if they also deleted all the stereo wiring with that option - I heard the answer was yes, and that bothered me a little (how much does wiring weigh, anyhow?). I suppose there might be some value to that option later on since it does take a ******** kind of person to order it, and those cars will be rarer than most. If they kicked back the value of those items, and I knew that all the wiring was still in place, I would have ordered it... As it was, I'm happy to go on a fried food and beer delete diet, cut the 40 pounds that way, and save a few bucks in the process.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For an acr the graphite would be my first choice....i would prefer the all graphite with red stripe rather than the black hood....has anyone seen one of those
You must be registered for see images

Does your car not have the red band on the steering wheel? From the picture it looks like they installed a standard wheel on your car - that would make yours a really rare one if you can document it. Might just be turned to the right slightly to obscure it - but it caught my eye.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me it was a principle thing - they take out all the stereo components, tire inflator, and trunk carpets and they're nice enough to make that a "no charge" option? For "no charge" I can do that myself and still keep the parts for later use. Also, it wasn't clear to me if they also deleted all the stereo wiring with that option - quote]

Which brings up a good question in my case...can anyone with an ACR confirm that the wiring plugs for the fog lights were not deleted; I want to install fog lights...I do not have the car yet to check.....

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does your car not have the red band on the steering wheel? From the picture it looks like they installed a standard wheel on your car - that would make yours a really rare one if you can document it. Might just be turned to the right slightly to obscure it - but it caught my eye.

Steering wheel is turned. Red band is there, just out of view.
-David

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenrick, you can either get the drivers stripe or two tone, but not both together. I agree the interior needs some color. I bought a used Mamba interior from X2 Builders. Check around you might be able to find one, if not have a dealer price the stock interior pieces for you, install is fairly easy. The only item that is hard to do on the interior is the seats. The passender side has the airbag sensor intergrated so unless you want to spend a ton of $'s, you'll need to keep the stock seats, but, you can have an interior shop duplicate the red stiching and the viper logo in red. I'd stick with a stock mopar red vs. venzano, they do good work but their expensive. Last thing to think about if you want to do both, what's the price of the interior swap, vs. what's the cost to paint on the red drivers stripe and the steering wheel stripe?

Here in SCA there are one of each locally, the red drivers stripes looks better in my opinion. But either way you go that is a great color for the ACR. Good luck, Mike

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which brings up a good question in my case...can anyone with an ACR confirm that the wiring plugs for the fog lights were not deleted; I want to install fog lights...I do not have the car yet to check.....

Art, I don't have an ACR but it was there on my 99 ACR, it would cost more for Dodge to build without one so I'd bet it's there. Mike

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no way to make it happen, I tried REALLY hard. The drivers stripe is the problem. I wound up ordering dual red stripes and the two tone interior on a black car. Had to have that interior.
If you have to have the drivers stripe my suggestion is to not order it and do it afterwards. Then you can order the interior.
The interior will cost you about 4k for just the trim pieces NOT including the seats and doing the driver stripe will bel about $1600 for a perfect job from a reputable dealer.
The plugs for the fog lamps are on my car, but it was one of the first three off the line.

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I just wish I could get the two tone :(. Maybe the VCA can ask Dodge to allow us to order a two tone with a drivers stripe. It makes no sense that a normal dual red stripe ACR can get a red two tone and we can't with a drivers stripe. We are willing to pay to have the option and it is so easy for Dodge to do. Help a brother out Dodge. BTW thanks for still building our awesome Vipers!!!!! I am supporting all things Dodge!

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Your right! when I bought mine I passed on a ******** but I made the mistake of not getting nav on my ACR, because the nav radio is much better in my convert than the standard radio they gave me in the ACR.
Now if they offered a 50 hp bump on the ******** I definately think they would instantly become the model of choice.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice choice on that color combo. That is definitely my favorite ACR combo. Sometimes I'm tempted to sell my blue/white to get one.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I picked this same color combo from pictures and was a bit uncertain of my choice ..... until I received the car.

The graphite ACR with the red driver's stripe is an awesome color combo. It looks good in photos but so much better in person.

Also, the graphite is very easy to clean up and barely shows the "tire rubber" marks you'll get from the track.

On the interior color, I agree, lots of black. I picked up the Mopar faux carbon fiber center stack from Parts Rack. This really breaks up all that black and goes nicely with this color combo.

You're going to love this car!

Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960