Ordered Roe SC for my 650R

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ordered the Roe SC for my 650! I am so excited to see what happens! I also took off my heads to get a valve guide fixed and to get some additional porting. My head porter thinks he gave me 20-30 HP and an unknown additional torque. While I had my heads there I told him to take some of the dome out to decrease my compression, I am now at 79cc. I think I might be the first 650 with the Roe SC, if I am not then I would love to talk to them.

I also ordered a 8lb pulley as well. We are looking to see how much we can get after we have fine tuned the 5lb pulley. We are expecting somewhere between 675-740rwhp @5lbs of boost. Sean is thinking we are going to be around 700rwhp. I am always hoping for more but we will have to see. I really don't know what is going to happen with the 8lb pulley, maybe 800rwhp??? :eek:

We are going to be installing one week from today. I hope to give you results a week from monday. I am scheduling the dyno for that day.

Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated.

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you do a dyno pull before the S/C so we can see the actual increase in power. I am considering porting my heads and going with the 8lb pulley as well. You will definetley enjoy the Roe S/C system as it is a quality unit and looks great as well. Have fun!!

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had my car dynoed @ 536HP/555Tq. My heads were already ported by H M S, I just wanted to see if I could get anymore. The only difference is going to be ~20-30 HP in the extra porting to my heads, it is not worth putting together the top end just so I can see a small gain and then rip it back apart. I figured since I had to take off the heads anyway to fix a broken valve guide I would port the crap out of them.

Assuming all goes well I will try to do a few dyno pulls with the 5lb pulley and then a few pulls with the 8lb pulley. There is a chance that the 8 lb pulley will not come in soon enough but I am hopeful.

If this SC performs well then we are planning on going to the "mopars at the strip" national event in vegas at the end of this month. Wish me luck!

CNTW84U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am very jealous! You'll have to give me a call, I am looking to do the
same to my Lethal 650. Then we can take them both to R.M.R and eat some
rice.
Bob

GASDOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you upgraded your fuel pump and lines?I wish I had the forged pistons on my car,I would be going to the 8 IB pulley.Funny thing is,my autometer boost gauge already shows 7-8 lbs boost across the entire RPM range.Anybody else with a boost gauge on their ROE SC car,what's it reading???

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to put the MSD boost a pump on and see if I need bigger fuel pump. I live at an elevation of 4500ft so the actual HP is about 15% down from SAE corrected. If I lived at sea level then I would have to change fuel lines and pump for sure.

I will have the 49lb injectors, boost a pump, and 5lb pulley at first. After we see how that goes then, I will put on the 8lb pulley and see where the fuel pressure is at.

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is not my car but it looks similar.

BOB,
I am ready for some rice any day any time. I think I will have to get a personalized plate that says something like BIKEATER . I don't think any street legal rice will give me a run but I will be looking for bikes.

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way to go!!! I was thinking of doing that too... But I have pretty much decided to go the 550 stroker route.

Best of luck!

Regards,

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have got the Roe SC installed and running but I have to do some fine tuning and install the MSD boost a pump. It took forever because we took the heads off and had them HOGGED out more and installed new lifters ETC. So 20 hours later we have a finished project and now we are ready to tune. One thing I can say is that I have no detonation. I have not had the car up past 3700rpms so I can't tell you right now if it has more power or how much.

I will keep everyone posted. I have a dyno appt for Thursday @3:00pm so I am trying to get all the bugs worked out before then.

I will post some pictures soon. I posted some pictures in the gallery but I do not know how to get them here, if someone could explain or help that would be appreciated.
Thanks

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to give you guys an update on the progress of the SC install. My car was running really lean so I called up Sean and we went through some diagnostics. After talking with Sean I went to the dealership to have them hook up their computerized tool to the diagnostic port on the car and it turns out that my PCM is BAD. It wasn't keeping a memorized log of the A/F mixtures and there was no saved adaptives. Anyway, I have another PCM coming on Friday so the dyno day is going to be postponed until I get my new PCM. I am still very anxious about this project and I will make every effort, within reason, to make this happen as quickly as possible. I really didn't completely realize what I was getting myself into but nevertheless I am here and on top of it.

What made this such a big project was I took off my heads and had them re-ported and the combustion domes hogged out. When doing a heads and cam car with a DYI SC the variable list is extensive so the tuning takes a little longer.

I can really feel for the guys that have to wait for their cars to be done. The anticipation is killing me. I have a hard time sleeping. I can't wait to feel major tire melting horsepower.

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you have a chance to make it to the dyno yet? Did the PCM cure the problem?

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To all who are interested:
I went to the dyno for the first time on Tuesday, after much headache, and pulled 697 RWHP 687 RW Torque. The amazing part is that from 2000-6000rpm the RW torque is at 600 or above. All the headaches were not caused by the SC'er but by peripheral items. For example, the computer went out, the upstream O2 sensor went out, and finally the oil cooler got hit by a rock or something.

I will give more details as I near my goal of 750 RWHP. I am satisfied with the first Dyno day but I am looking forward to achieving my goal. This car is pulling hard and I understand what it means to boost. I have more tuning to do that will yield more power and more drivability. I will keep everyone posted.
Todd

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those are some very healthy numbers. Were those achieved with the 5-pound pulley or the 8-pound pulley? What is next on the list to hit 750?

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to give a special thanks to a couple of people who have helped me out along the way. The Viper wizard and Vipermed. I called vipermed at least 20 times to ask questions and opinions he answered everyone and gave me some valuable insight as well. The viperwizard, chuck, I had an oil cooler go bad and he called my dealer to tell them that they needed to cover it under warranty. Of course they wouldn't cover it but he made every effort and then some. We really have some great tuners who are willing to help even if they are not making any money.

Sean has been great to work with even though he is extemely busy. I look forward to working with him further to complete the tuning.

One bit of observation, I noticed while accelerating hard that the front end lifts up, not off the ground but up. I have never had that happen to me while accelerating. I don't have my car right now so I can't test or tune right now but hopefully I will have it on Tuesday. I will keep everyone posted.

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Todd.....Lift is good,if you came down to sea level with us you may just put those babys in the air, with some traction. :D Your dedication to your car is really paying off

S

SUN RA KAT

The front of my Viper lifts up, too, even though I'm 'way down on power at only 580 rwHP compared to utahviper. Before the Roe Supercharger, even with the headers, ultra high flow cats, VEC1, & lots of etc. the front only lifted a fraction of an inch. Now it may lift 3".

I went A-Vipering tonight and did some serious frolicking and I have trouble imagining anything with as much power as utahviper's monster. I am insane to have as much power as I have, but utahviper makes me seem sane. :smirk:

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Utah,

Congrats on the numbers! Please PM me with an update on what all you have done to your car, mine is going under final "assembly" next week. I'm putting in some JE pistons so I can "boost" it up along with you pre puff cars.

Steve

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To all who are interested:
I went to the dyno for the first time on Tuesday, after much headache, and pulled 697 RWHP 687 RW Torque. The amazing part is that from 2000-6000rpm the RW torque is at 600 or above. All the headaches were not caused by the SC'er but by peripheral items. For example, the computer went out, the upstream O2 sensor went out, and finally the oil cooler got hit by a rock or something.

I will give more details as I near my goal of 750 RWHP. I am satisfied with the first Dyno day but I am looking forward to achieving my goal. This car is pulling hard and I understand what it means to boost. I have more tuning to do that will yield more power and more drivability. I will keep everyone posted.
Todd

Todd, I am impressed with your #'s, very nice work! I am sure you will reach your goal. I think that 700-750-800 RWHP is a lot and I do not think the average person could tell the difference between 700-800 RWHP from the passenger seat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte