Our Buddy Cudaman goes under the knife tomorrow

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Everyone's buddy the "Cudaman" goes under the knife for some elective surgery tomorrow. Nothing major, he just wants to sleep better at night so they are gonna open up his airways and make him breath like a supercharged V10. Surgery is surgery though so if everyone can have a good thought for him tomorrow I am sure it will get him back on his feet or at least back in his Viper sooner then later. Go Ward Go. :2tu:

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our best wishes to you, Ward. Got to be breathing right to inhale all that tire smoke later this Summer . . .!!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Blade Runner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best of Luck, I make some of the tools used for that type of surgery. No matter how good the doctor or the tools, it's going to feel like you were hit with a 2X4 for a while.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I vaugely recall he slept just fine as he was driving behind me back from Topeka...

!

el Wardo - You'll be better than new when you get out, and we'll be praying for you. Speedy recovery please... I need someone to race in a couple of weeks. :)

JD

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not looking forward to the surgery, but I am looking forward to the results. The surgery will involve my tongue, throat and nose. I am off to the hospital in 1 hour and surgery will happen at 11:30. The doctor has informed that 2 weeks after surgery I will be back to normal....infact better and sleeping like a baby.

The doctor has also informed me that I will be on some serious pain medicine ......so if in the next couple of weeks if I make a post and it doesn't make much sense...... It is the pain medicine talking.

Thank you for the well wishing and it is greatly appreciated.

Cudaman :usa:

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Ward,

Take the pain medication on time or slightly early.
My doctor gave me their "magic mouthwash" last year (unusual name, but helped get rid of the pain).
Expect steady tolerable pain if you take your medication.
Day 3-5 was the worst for me.
Day 6, I wondered why it wasn't getting better.
Day 7, I started feeling better.
They're not kidding about the two week part.
In the end, it will be worth it.
Get well soon.

Regards,
Sean

S

SUN RA KAT

Good luck, Ward! Nights will be quieter without your snoring, so now I'll be able to finally get some sleep, too! (Sound does travel!) I had a similar operation for deviated septum done quite a few years ago and I mostly stopped snoring and I could breathge through my nose again.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good Luck!!!

This sounds like something I need to get done......I snore real bad and keep waking up all night, and cant breath out of my nose much....
Maybe I need to get me a Vipair :)
What exactly are they doing to you???
Cheers,

OP
OP
fuelman

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
CUDAMAN LIVES!!!! Just spoke with Teresa, she said he did fine in the surgery. Doctor was surpirsed at the damage in the nose, Ward forgot to tell him he broke his nose playing football in high school. I think Ward probably forgot himself. Due to his diabetes they are going to keep him in the hospital until Friday. Don't think he is gonna make the "Festival of Speed" in St. Pete this weekend, maybe I should take his car for him?? :usa:

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not looking forward to the surgery, but I am looking forward to the results. The surgery will involve my tongue, throat and nose. I am off to the hospital in 1 hour and surgery will happen at 11:30. The doctor has informed that 2 weeks after surgery I will be back to normal....infact better and sleeping like a baby.

The doctor has also informed me that I will be on some serious pain medicine ......so if in the next couple of weeks if I make a post and it doesn't make much sense...... It is the pain medicine talking.

Thank you for the well wishing and it is greatly appreciated.

What do you mean having this surgery? Your not gonna be the Masked monster any more. :D Seriously, we'll be praying for you. If you need anything don't hesitate to call.

vigilantty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck Cudaman! Just be sure to ask the Anesthesia provider for plenty of Zofran, so you don't **** after surgery. While you at it double Fentanyl would be nice!

OP
OP
fuelman

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
What do you mean having this surgery? Your not gonna be the Masked monster any more. :D Seriously, we'll be praying for you. If you need anything don't hesitate to call.

[/QUOTE]

Brain, since you asked if he needed anything, I know he would like a low 8 second Viper.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ward is a great guy and I'm glad he finally decided to have this surgery performed. He's been a bit apprehensive due to his diabetes, but I'm sure he'll be happy with the results. Glad everything went well, buddy!

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am finally out of the hospital. I was in for 4 long days. I hopefully HAD sleep apnea. The surgery I endured was to cut muscle from underneath my tongue, so it would stay lower in my mouth when I sleep at night. Another part of the same surgery was to remove portions of top of mouth and remove the uvula(punching bag hanging at back of throat). The last part of surgery was to cut portions out of my nose and straighten septum and to install temporary support. This was 3 hours of surgery.

I was told by surgeon and others that this would be the most painful thing of my life...... he was right! The next 3.5 days I could not eat or drink anything, nor could I sleep. The way I existed was being feed and drink by a IV. I spent 2-3 hours day before I left trying to drink a 1/4 ounce of ice tea. To completed things I am diabetic, so 4 times a day they would test my blood and inject insulin.

Try to image swallowing after the surgery.....the pain would bring tears to your eyes. Every 2 hours a nurse you come by and inject morphine into by IV....you could feel a slight burning sensation going into your arm as the morphine would kick in. They were giving me some other pain medication every 4 hours by mouth burn the inside of my mouth and throat as I tried to get it down, because they could not give me pain pills to swallow.

My father in law came by to visit .....I look so bad he stayed about 2 minutes.... my wife said my looks shook him up badly. My wife came by and would spend hours with me daily. My two sons came by the first day also.... I scared them too.

The good news is I AM OUT(of the hospital), after having laser assisted uvulopalatoplasty and radio frequency ablation(somnoplasty) and some other things I can't think of and also trying to get to sleep more than 45 minutes at a time.

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy christ man. I am sure glad that everything went well. Surely hope that is WORKS! Glad to see your home. Give me a call soon.