Out of Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really... no one is allowed to ask questions because that is "negativity"? I posted a thread commenting on threads being deleted, and because someone decided it was "negative" my thread was deleted. But I am supposed to rejoin the VCA? You say it's not censorship"? Well maybe "censorship" is a bit harsh but just stop deleting comments you don't like. Allow people to "vent" and answer their questions..... I didn't make my thread as part of a VOA attack..... I am not affiliated with the VOA, heck I don't even post there very often and I haven't joined that club either. Quite frankly I am not convinced that club is any different.....Last time I had threads deleted it was because I talked about Jon B..... so have things really changed?

Last edited:

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My thread was too offensive as well.
I was just asking a question. Maybe some of the responses were the reason for the delete, I wonder.
I am not a paying member of the VOA site either. Actually still visit and post more here.
Still feels more like home for some reason. I don't see that the grass is that much greener over there.
The segregation kind of bums me out actually.

The Jon B issue was ridiculous, and I'm glad at least that is resolved.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im glad that some of the treads where delited, is time to move on and enjoy your cars. Let the VOA and viper alley deal with the BS. Now that the problem ex members are gone Im really starting to enjoy the new life in the VCA!!!

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im glad that some of the treads where delited, is time to move on and enjoy your cars. Let the VOA and viper alley deal with the BS. Now that the problem ex members are gone Im really starting to enjoy the new life in the VCA!!!
thank you i am with you on this one. we are all grown men here, start acting like one now:D

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My thread was too offensive as well.
I was just asking a question. Maybe some of the responses were the reason for the delete, I wonder.
I am not a paying member of the VOA site either. Actually still visit and post more here.
Still feels more like home for some reason. I don't see that the grass is that much greener over there.
The segregation kind of bums me out actually.

The Jon B issue was ridiculous, and I'm glad at least that is resolved.

The VOA is worse than VCA at this time, and neither is worth paying for until they sort these and other issues out.

While I agree that they shouldn't be allowing rampant trolling/spamming, they take it too far. It seems like they are trying to sanitize the forums to create the illusion that all Viper owners are distinguished gentlemen rather than the same smack-talking car guys with a bit more money than the guy driving a mustang.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VCA site is intended to be family friendly. So the smack talking should stay where it belongs which is on the VA site. Someone can be a gentleman and, on occasion, engage in smack talk. It is not the behavior that's wrong. It is where it occurs. Many, if not most, members want there to be respectful and informative discussions on this site. That is what the VCA forum rules have always required.

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VCA site is intended to be family friendly. So the smack talking should stay where it belongs which is on the VA site. Someone can be a gentleman and, on occasion, engage in smack talk. It is not the behavior that's wrong. It is where it occurs. Many, if not most, members want there to be respectful and informative discussions on this site. That is what the VCA forum rules have always required.

I don't buy the "family friendly" bit, if you're declaring venue to be "ok for smack talking", it's no longer smack talk as it simply becomes the normal tone.

The best community will allow for a mix of the good with the not so good, rather than attempting to force everyone into a certain mold.

This is a forum about a vehicle, the Viper, which is purchased purely for entertainment purposes. As such, the related forums need to accept that they represent an entertainment medium and not some kind of entity where people are gathering to solve a problem, and smack talk detracts from the problem-solving efforts.

That said, I do not have a problem with troll posts being moderated so long as they are actually troll posts and not someone with a differing opinion. As an example:

Example Thread:
My viper is is making an unusual noise from the engine bay. Any idea what could be causing this?

Response #1:
It's a POS dodge. There's nothing unusual about it.

Above, that response is trolling because it offers no insight, and only seeks to incite.

Response #2:
It could be a loose spark plug or battery connection.

While this post is not very helpful, it was not posted with the intent to incite and therefore is only stupid but not a troll post. It is wholly appropriate to reply to this respondent, inform him/her that he is an idiot, and then offer a more likely solution.

a) By shaming stupidity you discourage stupidity. He/She may get mad, but they'll just have to deal with it.

b) By combining shaming with a potential solution you efficiently enable useful threads without censoring posts needlessly, and expecting people to be someone they're not on a forum whose primary purpose is entertainment related.

c) Participation in this and other forums is entirely voluntary, and trying to please everyone ultimately results ******* everyone off.

Nobody wants to be part of a club that thinks it can dictate propriety in the name of sensibility, especially when said club exists for the sole purpose of engaging people who bought an expensive car JUST FOR FUN.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peerblock give it a rest. See what happens given time. The are a lot of positives coming in the future for this site. It is just the second week in January. Do you think the changes are going to occur over night? I think we are done with the continual site bashing....BobP make a good point and look at the post and answer given to Granger on his thread.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't buy the "family friendly" bit, if you're declaring venue to be "ok for smack talking", it's no longer smack talk as it simply becomes the normal tone.

The best community will allow for a mix of the good with the not so good, rather than attempting to force everyone into a certain mold.

This is a forum about a vehicle, the Viper, which is purchased purely for entertainment purposes. As such, the related forums need to accept that they represent an entertainment medium and not some kind of entity where people are gathering to solve a problem, and smack talk detracts from the problem-solving efforts.

That said, I do not have a problem with troll posts being moderated so long as they are actually troll posts and not someone with a differing opinion. As an example:

Example Thread:
My viper is is making an unusual noise from the engine bay. Any idea what could be causing this?

Response #1:
It's a POS dodge. There's nothing unusual about it.

Above, that response is trolling because it offers no insight, and only seeks to incite.

Response #2:
It could be a loose spark plug or battery connection.

While this post is not very helpful, it was not posted with the intent to incite and therefore is only stupid but not a troll post. It is wholly appropriate to reply to this respondent, inform him/her that he is an idiot, and then offer a more likely solution.

a) By shaming stupidity you discourage stupidity. He/She may get mad, but they'll just have to deal with it.

b) By combining shaming with a potential solution you efficiently enable useful threads without censoring posts needlessly, and expecting people to be someone they're not on a forum whose primary purpose is entertainment related.

c) Participation in this and other forums is entirely voluntary, and trying to please everyone ultimately results ******* everyone off.

Nobody wants to be part of a club that thinks it can dictate propriety in the name of sensibility, especially when said club exists for the sole purpose of engaging people who bought an expensive car JUST FOR FUN.

LOL!!! I think the alley is calling you, is hard to take advice from an enthusiast.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peerblock-

You are right, please report a post that says "its a POS Dodge" that's unhelpful, we'll take action there as well.. As mentioned below, we are not trolling the forums, each action (like this one) is a reported post by a user. You flag it, we see it and respond, we are not proactively trying to censor here.

Malcoll-
Asked and answered before here : http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/669927-Seriously-what-is-going-on

I guess you're right, both organizations want to have a positivem fun community of Viper enthusiasts, we don't see a problem there.

As you see from the above posts, we're done with the BS. If you have a real question ask it. Other than that, new threads contrinually re-treading the same old crap are unwanted and don't contribute.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper