Out of storage fluid change advice

myviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am getting the Viper out of storage this week, and will have the local Viper tech change out the fluids.
The Dodge dealer near Nashville is saying 125 for an oil change, 129 for brake flush, and 250 for transmission fluid.
Does this sound about right? Any other suggestions of work I should have done, ie power steering fluid?
My factory warranty expires this summer,(yes, I actually had two five year max care plans!), any problem areas he should look at while the warranty is still valid?
Any advice is appreciated!
Thanks,
Mark
2000 RT red/cognac

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
While I'll stay out of the pricing, I would suggest that you add changing coolant, clutch fluid, and differential fluid to your list. power steering fluid change is a good idea as well if not done recently.

The service manual has a schedule for these items...based on type of use, mileage, and TIME.

Be SURE that you and the Tech KNOW the proper fluids to use as there are many misconceptions and some printed errors.

Good Tech and REAL Viper techs are getting hard to find

If in doubt...run. You could always drive up to our Tom Sessions Service Session in late April to be on safe side.

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads.....Special-Service-Session-4-with-Tom-Sessions...