Owner's Manual and Gas Light

4B Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Owner\'s Manual and Gas Light

Where can I get my hands on an owner's manual for my Viper? When I bought my 2001 ACR Viper, it didn't come with a manual. Also, how much does a manual go for?

If I had an owner's manual, it would answer my next question, but since I don't have one, I'll ask it here. Does the Viper have a gas warning light or do you just have to remind yourself when it gets near 0?

I ask this because I unexpectedly ran out of gas on the road this weekend. In my other cars, even with the gas light on for a while, I still have a good 40-50 miles once it hits the Empty mark before I actually run out of gas. With my Viper it seemed like I only had about 5 miles when it hit the 0 point before I ran out of gas.

I stupidly was waiting for a gas light to go on to warn me to get gas. Should I just pretend a light goes on once I hit the 1/4 tank mark?

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Owner\'s Manual and Gas Light

Did You check in the seat pockets on the back of the seat?
I did not know they were there, until someone informed me, and I

Clifton Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Owner\'s Manual and Gas Light

Owner's manuals are available directly from DC. There is a 1-800 # and the cost is $14. If you send me a PM, I can get you the number this evening or call the service department at any Dodge dealer and they can give it to you.

I use my trip odometer to gauge fuel (fill at 155 miles) as the fuel gauge itself seems unreliable... mine will show 1/4 tank one minute and E the next.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4