Paint Calipers Red???

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is winter (almost) and the 03 Viper convertible is parked. Thinking of a couple things. Tell me what you think.

- real rollbars
- paint brake calipers red? Other color (the car is silver)
- have intakes polished

Just looking for cosmetic things as the exhuast is great, it has a roe computer that works great, and the special air intake system.

Any ideas are welcome. I especially want to know what people think about the brakes? Should I paint them red? A different color? Thanks!

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I powdercoated mine for $300 exchanged last winter with R&J salvages in New York. I set it up through their eBay auction.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1 on the callipers, I just did my set with the company mention above and they look great and they are fully rebuilt.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup fully rebuilt with a much better job than hand painting could be. Plus new Viper decals to complete the look.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I powdercoated mine for $300 exchanged last winter with R&J salvages in New York. I set it up through their eBay auction.

Not a bad deal. I was going to strip mine down and repaint them this winter, but I might do this swap. I'm assuming the quality is good (both the powder coat and the rebuild itself) and they are holding up good?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Hank!

George, I have red calipers on my silver and it looks good, but it's time to re-do them. The powdercoat deal above sounds pretty good to me. It would be fun to go with another color, but I can't think of another color that would look good on a SIlver car and still stand out like I want them to.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red on silver 100% of the time. Most of the other Viper colors I prefer silver...but most guys don't get them redone since they are already good enough.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i saw silver Subaru STI with stock brembo gold color calipers about a week ago, they looked really good. I think silver is the only car that you can pull off many different caliper colors

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cause everyone would think you're copying the ZR1 color scheme!

Crap... can't do that. :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

Problem is if I paint them red (which I like) that's like copying everyone... What to do, what to do... :confused:

How about Plum Crazy Purple or Hemi Orange??? Great old Mopar colors!!! Purple might work--I don't think orange and silver work? Need a resident photoshop expert on this one!!! Calling Photoshop dude... :)

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you're welcome, i think they are tastefully different and really match well with viper silver, imo better than red, black, blue on silver viper, if you go that way post some pictures please :2tu:

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want the gold myself, buy I really want the Viper logo on them, can that be done ? Also, do the calipers def have to be disassembled to be done ? cause that is a nice little bundle with all new seals and parts.

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is ultra cheesy and ricey...SRT Vipers have awesome factory brakes...don't cover them up! You'll be happiest with having them powdercoated a custom color.

I agree. Now I just have to figure out the color???

red: Looks good, but too common
blue: nice thought... but copy zr-1--no!
gold: looks interesting... maybe not my style
purple: Hmmm...
Some colors would look nice, but not on a silver car.

What I need is a photoshop expert to photoshop some different colors on the Gen 3 car with the stock wheels. Any other ideas?

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes you can get the viper logo back on the caliper, you would use a high quality vinyl decal, the caliper would need to be taken apart for powder coating, the seals would melt in the baking process, I think it is worth the cost and I am going through the process now

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i couldn't resist posing this picture, I know I have posted two already of silver cars with gold calipers, but I think this is a great picture

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Painting hood pad is an easy/nice mod for winter.

The hood pad would be nice. I have seen some threads with pictures. The problem is the edges always seem to get white water spots and even comes apart a bit then it looks bad even though the rest is nice. Should a person paint the entire hood pad flat black first to prevent the white water spots? Has anyone done this with success?