Paint job opinions please.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, so I'm going to get a hood, I'm thinking Vipair right now. Which means I need to prep & paint it. If I'm getting the hood painted I was wondering if I should leave it at that or get more adventurous. I have an all black 03 SRT vert, at this point the car is going to more loved by me than what it's worth in resale so I plan on keeping it for a while. So, I was thinking i could do 08 style stripes (silver, red, ?), or I could go with an ACR replica look, like do the hood & trunk, plus bumper sections in another color, like silver or graphite, and do a drivers stripe.

I've not seen a paint scheme with black as the side color other than red/black.

Am I getting too crazy with it, going over board? I plan/hope to get wheels next year, hopefully polished copperheads if I can swing the cost.

Love to get opinions. Thnx.

Reaction score
I think you should do the ACR look with the show car satin/flat black center with a red shiny drivers stripe that would look COOL! :2tu:

OK, so I'm going to get a hood, I'm thinking Vipair right now. Which means I need to prep & paint it. If I'm getting the hood painted I was wondering if I should leave it at that or get more adventurous. I have an all black 03 SRT vert, at this point the car is going to more loved by me than what it's worth in resale so I plan on keeping it for a while. So, I was thinking i could do 08 style stripes (silver, red, ?), or I could go with an ACR replica look, like do the hood & trunk, plus bumper sections in another color, like silver or graphite, and do a drivers stripe.

I've not seen a paint scheme with black as the side color other than red/black.

Am I getting too crazy with it, going over board? I plan/hope to get wheels next year, hopefully polished copperheads if I can swing the cost.

Love to get opinions. Thnx.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too love the looks of the show car! I even got to drive it and help clean it up for photo shoot. You might want to check into the maintainance of the matt finish. The matt paint has incredible effect but, at least for the show car maintainence is a real pain. It can't be waxed. You can only wash it with warm water( no soap). If you rub too hard you change the surface, in effect you are buffing a shine into the paint.

I have wondered how it would look with the same colors with a gloss finish...

IMG_6520.JPG

P1010073.JPG

Viper-pit-2.JPG

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too cool.

What I haven't seen is a combo with black for the sides & another color in the center, like silver with a black drivers stripe. I might me biting off more than I can chew. At the least I'd like to do stripes or the drivers stripe. It's just a big risk & big $. I'm making my first move though & ordering the hood today or tomorrow, so I'll need to figure it out soon I guess.