Paint problems

viper1999acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having problems with the paint on my 99acr, bubbles between paint and clear coat. Car is garaged kept, 3500 miles. Bouth at Rick Hendricks new in 99. Spoke to Dodge rep, no help. Telling me car is out of warranty. It is going to cost approximately $11,000.oo to repaint. Need some advise on what to do. I can afford to fix it, but shouldn't Chrysler absorb some of this cost. :mad:

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, sounds like you are getting out gassing on your body panels causing your paint to bubble. Usually happens on your hood.

What part of the US are you in?? I know a great guy in Slidell, LA.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much of the car is bubbling? What does the repaint consist of? Who gave the est.? Just curious, the wifey does custom bodywork & paint. Thanks, Mitch

stevnso117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
11,000.00 DOLLARS for a paint job? I would check around im sure you can get it painted for at least half that cost. I think alot of times when people see someone has a viper their price automaticly double.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"You can afford" is why they quoted $11K. Next time, tell them you'd like a quote on repainting a Fiero. I did this with my window tint on the RT-10. When I got there, they were suprised it was a Viper, but didn't dare try to up the price. The glass area is the same, so the price is the same right?

stevnso117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"You can afford" is why they quoted $11K. Next time, tell them you'd like a quote on repainting a Fiero. I did this with my window tint on the RT-10. When I got there, they were suprised it was a Viper, but didn't dare try to up the price. The glass area is the same, so the price is the same right?

That a great idea i`ll have to try that one out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine