Paint Wheels in Michigan

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't rip on me because this is a Corvette question. It could apply to our wheels too so it is generic. I have to mention Corvette though because someone might know if that is a variable.

I helped a friend find original 2001 (I can't recall the exact year) Z06 rims. It is the only year they made Z06 "forged" rims in the last generation cars. This is not the current Z06 rims.

He made the mistake of allowing Bell Tire to refinish them because they told him they could make them look perfect. There were just a few nicks and scratches, nothing too bad. They ruined them. The paint is wavy and built up in areas, it looks terrible. He needs them completely stripped and painted a silver/grey maybe similar to my ACR rims. It is on a black car.

I hear powder coating is what he should have had done. I don't know what the rims are made of. I don't know how he could have the center of the rim which is some form of plastic powder coated. Won't that melt? What would I do if I wanted my original ACR rims repainted?

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
watch e-bay for a take off set. Most likely you can find a set for less money than shipping both ways and the price of refinising. Lumpy and wavy sounds more like they were powder coated, and that can be expensive to remove. for just painting have a local media blaster strip them and take them to a good bodyshop.

I got a corvette too, so no corvette jokes.

Dexter

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You might try "Detroit Wheel & Tire". I don't have any experience with them or info where their at. I just made a mental note of the name a few months back that they do wheel refinishing.

Good Luck!