Painted stock cowl

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone tried painted the stock cowl (the plastic where the windshield wipers are mounted to)? I've seen several nice aftermarket ones, but they are fairly expensive (painted with stripes is even more costly). I was wondering if anyone has a painted stock one, or if its even paintable (i.e. can the plastic take paint, is it advisable to leave it alone, etc.). Thanks.

Frank

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had mine done when my car was at Macedo's. Matches perfectly and only cost 75 bucks.

You must be registered for see images

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A painted vented cowl is a nice addition and not all that expensive.Definately helps cool down the engine compartment.Check with Jon B. Bruce

OP
OP
E

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. I think I'll go with the stock one and paint it. I wouldn't mind going with an aftermarket version, but I figure I'll save a few bucks (after all, upgrades to this car add up real quick).

Devin 97 - I see only a red x on the pic. Where do the purge lines come out on the cowl?

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. I think I'll go with the stock one and paint it. I wouldn't mind going with an aftermarket version, but I figure I'll save a few bucks (after all, upgrades to this car add up real quick).

Devin 97 - I see only a red x on the pic. Where do the purge lines come out on the cowl?

Macedo set up my purge to vent from the NACA duct. V shaped spray looks slick, kinda like a spitting snake. :usa:

pattymelt3605

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had mine done when my car was at Macedo's. Matches perfectly and only cost 75 bucks.

You must be registered for see images

Hey, I just had mine painted. Did you have stripes on yours? Re post the pic if you can. I will try to meet up with you this weekend. Waiting to get my dash back from paint. :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32