Painting rear bumper

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does $400 sound like a fair price to pay for repainting the rear bumper on an RT/10? Thinking of getting it done.

Thanks.

OP
OP
Z

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, but one other question. Should I take it off and then get it painted or do they normally take it off anyway?

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They will probably mask it off to paint.I would strongly recommend removing it to get the hard to get places that tend to get either to much or not enough paint due to their positioning.It is relatively easy to remove.Also make sure that they are generous with the clear

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take the bumper off, or make sure you tell them to. Otherwise you will have overspray on exhaust. You may also experience peeling in areas where the bumper meets the body.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, but one other question. Should I take it off and then get it painted or do they normally take it off anyway?

Dennis, do yourself a favor and take the bumper off yourself. You will enjoy it while at the same time learning a little more about your car. Can you say "piece of cake?"

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dennis.I just picked up my car from D&M corvette. I took off my wing and had the holes filled. They did a whoop a$$ job.

I asked Dan how much $$$ to paint the front since you were asking. He said about $600.

After they patched up my drill marks they
buffed the whole back of the car (bumper and valence) since I had scratched it up a bit from having the car apart so many times.

The bumper is pretty easy to take off but there is no real reason to do it. D&M would do it to paint it any way. Unless you wanted to have the experience which is just turning a bunch of bolts while laying on your back.

Plus if you take the bumper off your self then you are liable for scratching the perfect paint job they just did when yu go to put the bumper back on.

I would reccomand D&M as they are fast and open on saturdays.

OP
OP
Z

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'll talk to bodyshop that will do the work to see if they will remove it. If not then I'll probably remove it. I know what you mean with peeling. I'm having my door redone because they didn't take off the molding and probably just masked it off :mad:

Now I'm wondering if I should just have them keep the lettering off the car :confused:

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$400 sounds good. I had mine repainted stripes and all for around $4-$500 after some ***** rear-ended me at low speed. I for one would take the bumper off and bring it into the shop without the Viper. The reason I say this is that while my Viper was in the body shop being worked on the Mother F'ers took it for a joy ride and put around 20 miles on it or so. They is a nice warm spot waiting in hell for these guys.

Butch The Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dennis

I think $400.00 is a fair price, don't listen to the Sapphire GTS he's kinda of ********. (just kidding)

Butch
Schaumburg Motorsports Racing

01 GTS 10.42 e.t. @ 134 m.p.h.
02 360 Modena
93.5 T Supra 615 r.w.h.p. 600 r.w.t.q.
03 Porsche GT-3 Cup
01 740i sport
01 Lade 22" wheels

OP
OP
Z

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dennis

I think $400.00 is a fair price, don't listen to the Sapphire GTS he's kinda of ********. (just kidding)

Ya know, that's not the first time I heard that about him :shocked: :p :D

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be ********, but im hung like a squirrel.

Butch. No need to put (just kidding) after your sentences. Im going to kick your a$$ either way. Unless you and Dennis know kung-foo :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4