Painting valve covers

NorwayViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello
New to this site and fare away, but hope you also help a Viper owner from Norway :rolleyes:

My Viper GTS, 1999 has Paint on the valve covers that fall off some Places.
Did anyone take them off and Paint them?
And curious if so have some Pictures off that (specialy if you painted in another colour then red)and what they sprayed them With and and so on....

Very Nice to see some Pictures !

Thanks.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No pics but I painted mine race yellow to match my body color and supercharger tubes. Not too difficult. Prep the valve covers by scuffing, sanding, degreasing, etcetera like anything else you would paint. Use a 2-part epoxy primer followed by 2-part single stage urethane enamel in the color of your choice. For the viper Logo, carefully and gently block sanded the paint after it was dry to expose the magnesium metal (make sure you tape off everything around the logos to prevent some accidental sanding....). Cleaned everything again and sprayed clear coat over entire valve cover. Located in Norway eh? I'm in Kabul Afghanistan and hang-out in the Nordic Palace with the Swedes, Norwegians, Danes, Fins, and Icelandic officers. Since I'm 1/2 Norwegian and 1/2 Swedish, they have some fun with me....I plan on visiting Sweden, Norway, and a few other Nordic countries next summer when we have a reunion with the staff that's here. Cheers, Eric