1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parts

Discussion in 'RT/10 and GTS Discussions' started by q8_viper, Apr 26, 2020.

1. q8_viper

q8_viper Enthusiast

Hello,

I’m new to the viper club and I’m worry about the parts if I buy GEN 2 Is it very hard to find parts for example power steering pump ,Weatherstrip and Steering Gear for GEN 2 . I think the factory closed and they don’t care about GEN 2 also the car is old

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  2. yevgenievich

yevgenievich Enthusiast

Most things if rebuildable have to be rebuilt. Other things only available used. My solstice is in similar situation with body and interior parts. I bought gen 2 over the newer gen because I like the gen2 better.(compared to gen3)

3. MoparMap

MoparMap VCA National President Venom Member

I think you have a bit of an advantage in that the earlier gens used a lot of shared parts between Dodge products. I know for instance the alarm module in my mom's 94 is the same one out of a minivan. Granted those cars aren't any newer, but it at least means you might have a larger volume to pick from.

4. q8_viper

q8_viper Enthusiast

So i will not worry about the parts for Gen 2

5. ViperRed

ViperRed Enthusiast

Yes that's correct. Gen1 and Gen2 vipers shared parts with other Chrysler or dodge models.

When my power steering pump failed, I repaired it locally, and got the new belt from a Jeep Cherokee Limited

Mechanical parts are easy to get and available.

Body parts and plastic interior parts are difficult.

6. kssssnake

kssssnake Enthusiast

I replaced a rear wheel bearing, which by the way was not fun, It's used on Dakotas.

7. DJ'sviper

DJ'sviper Enthusiast

Good information. Thanks

8. littlecaars

littlecaars VCA Venom Member Venom Member

Years ago I had to repair/replace a map light in the headliner of my 2000 GTS. Of course the only way to replace the map light was to buy the whole harness and headliner for $1200. But the harness from X2 Builders for 50 bucks and four hours later with a sixpack the job was done.