Passenger Airbag shuts off on my wife!

Flash1034

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. When my wife sits in the pass seat, the passenger airbag off light comes on roughly 90% of the time she sits there. I dont wanna driver her around with the airbag turned off. Any idea what's going on or how to fix it?

Thanks,

Flash

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had that issue when a friend was sitting in the seat. Dealer will have to adjust it so that it notices a smaller weight. No problems since.

Rick530

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Samething happend with mine last week. Did it to my gf then it did it to me when i moved over to the pass side. Next day was fine. Hasent done it since.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The newer generation smart airbags cause issues with many manufactures. The one I work for is no exception. What I hear from the engineers and the attorney's is; passenger is usually a woman at 100lbs or less, and, is not sitting flat in the seat. As Maul59RT said above have the dealer adjust the sensitivity.

toomanymodz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My ex-GF weighed between 208 and 220 (weight fluctuated constantly). Unfortunately I wasn't blessed with good looks, so I have to take what I can get. Its been 3 years and I have yet to find another GF. Guess I should of stuck with the ex a bit longer because replacement models are hard to find!