Passenger motor mount is a BI@#$

Threesixes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There has to be a trick to it that I didnt figure out. To change the passenger side mount I ended up loosening both mounts, jacking the engine up as far as I could get it, removing a line from the overflow bottle and unscrewing it and swinging it out of the way, pulling the dipstick tube, the upper airbox, and the alternator and STILL scratched the hell out of my arms fighting that thing to get it out and in from the top. Then of course once it was out I couldnt get it apart so I had to take it to a nearby service station and borrow their impact gun real quick. What a pain! The drivers side was so simple. I hope this one lasts awhile........

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have gen3 or 4? Just wondering how long that original lasted. Thnx

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't even think about someone trying to do it from the top. That would def. ****.

DaDood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took 3 friends of mine and me 4+ hours just to do the engine mounts. Good luck trying to do it yourself! More power to you. We had to jack up the entire engine and tranny just to get everything to go in and then lower it extremely slowly, adjusting a very little bit every time it went down.

OP
OP
T

Threesixes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do you have gen3 or 4? Just wondering how long that original lasted. Thnx

I have a gen III and both mounts failed at 25K miles. I picked it up used with 21K so Im not even sure they werent replaced before..........

I did mine myself but I have a lift which definitely helps.

Man I wish I would have had a lift. I did it by myself on jack stands. I just couldnt get it out from the bottom. There was no room. Oh well. All's well that ends well. The UPS guy just dropped off new rings for my StopTech rotors. Lets see what kind of trouble I can get into today, lol.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960