passenger side mirror

GTSREDDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im only 5'7" so I sit a little closer to the wheel then some, and it seems to me that when I turn the passenger remote side mirror all the way in it still isnt far enough. Guess there is no fix for this but just thought DC should have made it move a little farther in so us vertically challenged people could make some use of it... Any thoughts?

Clifton Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have my seat pushed back almost as far as it goes... same problem.

Question is... why do you have to see behind you in a Viper?

larry milo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reddog,
I can't believe that you are bringing this up. I've had the same problem for months. I think taller people that sat up close would also have this problem. I noticed at the drag strip people taller than myself will sit as close as me to react quicker at the light and not be so reclined.

OP
OP
G

GTSREDDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Larry I guess us "short" people just have to grin and bare it. Well, when I'm in the viper the "grin" part is a very easy thing to do... :cool: :cool: :cool:

Hey Adam I want to see a pic of that pistol Grip shifter thats in your car according to your sig...

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Larry I guess us "short" people just have to grin and bare it. Well, when I'm in the viper the "grin" part is a very easy thing to do... :cool: :cool: :cool:

Hey Adam I want to see a pic of that pistol Grip shifter thats in your car according to your sig...

ask and yee shall receive..

207013_13-med.jpg

207012_12-med.jpg

OP
OP
G

GTSREDDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess just like my old 1969 340 Cuda I had ...It had a drivers side mirror on the passenger side.. Guess like you said ,for looks only and the passenger. Heck the guy behind the wheel doesnt need it he's just DRIVING THE CAR!!!

Bitten1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you have the mirror positioned? I usually adjust mine while driving, most may have the mirror so they can "see" the side / back of the vehicle. I adjust mine so I can "see" the perceived blind spot, when I look in the pass. side mirror while driving, I only see daylight.

2002 GTS, purchased new from dealer in March 03, 5689 miles and counting........

OP
OP
G

GTSREDDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I try to be able to see traffic behind me but to no use.
I know traffic is ALWAYS behind me when I'm in the viper :cool: but I want to see the cars behind me when I look out the mirror like I do with all my other vehicles. Like when you pass a car you look for them in the passenger mirror so then you can get back over in the right lane..Oh well I will just stay in the left lane at all times :) more fun there anyway.