Paxton experts - Pulled harded in first, fell on it's face in second

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paxton experts - Pulled hard in first, fell on it's face in second

Just got back from a spirited drive and had something happen I haven't experienced. Launched hard and pulled as normal in first at 10.8 Afr and then shifted in to second and it felt like it lost all its power. I looked at the afr gauge and it was reading 17.9 and I let off. Tried it again and it will pull full boost and correct afr in 1st but 2nd loses boost and afr shoots up? Belt slip? If it was the fuel pumps wouldn't it do it in first?

Last edited:

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are using stock paxton system, the only thing I can think of is check your vacuum lines.

sctdev

Viper Owner
Reaction score
belt slip wouldn't cause that big lean condition by itself. Are you lifiting between shifts and then getting back ******* the throttle? Maybe it's a tip in issue.

OP
OP
N

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shifted as quick as I could. I will have to go verify all the vac lines. Boost gauges reads around -18 at idle.

Reaction score
Does everything work ok in the other gears? If it is just happening when you are hard shifting into second maybe the power wires for the auxillary fuel pumps are loose and moving around under just that condition?

OP
OP
N

Nixon's SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just checked the vac lines and everything looks great. Checked the fuel pumps. All connections are tight and do not move and verified both kick on by appling power to them. Pumps are also secured on their own bracket
You must be registered for see images attach

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Doug Levin. He can walk you through some diagnostics. You can hook up a light to the fuel pumps; tape light to the windshield. This will confirm that the pumps are in fact getting power when you think they are. If they don't come on the Split Second box would be my first choice. Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? That would also tell you. Some cheap vacuum lines will colapse under vacuum. Make sure you have good quality, firm, lines and use hose clamps of some kind. Check vacuum lines to bypass valve on the blower and to the FMU, make sure they didn't come off. Check PCM connections (push them in tight) Had this problem on my 06 once and it did the same thing. Split second box could also be the culprit Doug can bench test it but you would need to remove it and send it to him. The Split Second box went out on my 06 and it definitely fell on its face. Took a while to figure this out.

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just for the hell of it, check your fuel filter, can't hurt.

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much fuel is in the tank? I have witnessed similar lean conditions too when I have had less than a 1/4 tank of fuel.