Paxton keeps getting better and better....

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So I finally went out and played with ILLSMOQ this weekend. On sunday we were at "our" track. We would get on the long , long front straight and did some 3rd gear into 4th gear runs. We are both competive and one time we ran thru 3rd and up to redline in 4th. Probably 150ish. The track officials dont like that if they would have caught us.

Anyways this thing pulls like a monster, especailly with the quaife with the 3:33's. AC Performance got the tune perfect in my opinion. He dyno tuned it, then did some tweaking on it for me, since out on the street is a little different then on the dyno. So now Im staying pretty consistent mid to high 11's on my AFR on a cool day. You can really fill this thing kick in upwards of 4500rpm.

So back to our day at the track, so we are driving and best part of day was seeing up ahead, a couple streetbikes. We fly up on them and egg them on. Long story short, they are probably trying to figure out why a car is passing them on the straights. I think I like racing and beating streetbikes more then I do cars. I had such a blast. Cant wait till next weekend, we will probably be going back to our track again.:D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know what you mean about playing with bikes. For now...I stick to the small guys...you know 600cc. 750cc it's a toss up. Some win...some loose. but 1000cc+ forget it...I don't have a snowballs chance in he!!

Good fun. I wish I lived close enough to come out and play at the track with you.

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So your paxton is handing the 600 and 750cc there asses?
A friend of mine told me that if I couldn't beat a 600 stock in my stock GTS that I couldnt drive.
I'll never raced a 600cc, so I wouldn't know but I dont see a stock GTS beating a 600cc. Any input.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
600cc crotch rockets are in well into the 10s stock..

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So your paxton is handing the 600 and 750cc there asses?
A friend of mine told me that if I couldn't beat a 600 stock in my stock GTS that I couldnt drive.
I'll never raced a 600cc, so I wouldn't know but I dont see a stock GTS beating a 600cc. Any input.

Well on a freeway race which Id condone since its Illegal, but for fun, lets imagaine i did it once or 10 times... A 600cc streetbike, especially the newer ones should hold their own against a stock GTS. freeway roll or standing start. Bikes run 10 sec quarter miles, most of that is the accel in the beginning. But as speeds get higher bikes become at a disadvantage.
That said,I think about 500rwhp, you can play with a 600cc on the freeway from 60 mph up, Id and had a 600 that couldnt shake me. My buddies 580RWHP GTS walked away from 600/750's and even a couple older 1000's, but my 05 R1 walked away from him. Now get into a Paxton SRT with gears rought 670rwhp and you eat 600's/750's and Im sure Ill stay close with newer 1000's. Especially as we exceed 100 mph( of course on a track)

Then you got the big boys running 800,900 rwhp SRT's or GTS's and they demolish 1000's, hayabusa's etc. Id love to be there, but Ill have to be happy where Im at for now. Which im VERY happy.

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
600cc crotch rockets are in well into the 10s stock..

The past few years they have started seeing 10's, but 5-6 years ago, they were still running 11.2's. Still faster then most cars, but all that goes away when your rolling on freeway and have wind and aerodynamics to worry about. Bikes have terrible aerodynamics.

mangle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All modern sportbikes are wheelie-limited below like 80. You'll smoke any of them off the line with a half-decent launch as you have more traction than they do. The fastest production sportbikes (excluding the Ducati Desmosedici and uber-powerful sport tourers like busas and zx-14s, of course) do upper 170s topped out, so you'll beat them there, too. In the middle, you're in trouble if you're stock.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MikeR's :quack: car shoots 4 foot flames out each side when he lets off the throttle after those 3rd through 4th gear runs....it looks crazy:headbang::headbang:

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually.... MikeR with his modded R1 (one of the fasted bikes on the street other than the busa's) and I in my old Roe car would not walk... we were RUNNING away from pretty much every bike....
But a lot of it has to do with wind, etc when you start hitting 100+

Alot of it has to do with driver or rider though too... Mike was one of the best on the bikes back then...

but then again... my corsa only 06 coupe took out a certain 670 rwh copper viper 2 weeks ago not once ...but twice!!! Then again... it is all how you drive and SHIFT!!! yes... I retired champion for the day....
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually.... MikeR with his modded R1 (one of the fasted bikes on the street other than the busa's) and I in my old Roe car would not walk... we were RUNNING away from pretty much every bike....
But a lot of it has to do with wind, etc when you start hitting 100+

Alot of it has to do with driver or rider though too... Mike was one of the best on the bikes back then...

but then again... my corsa only 06 coupe took out a certain 670 rwh copper viper 2 weeks ago not once ...but twice!!! Then again... it is all how you drive and SHIFT!!! yes... I retired champion for the day....
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

You must be registered for see images attach

hahah what kind of $h!t are you smokin ?!? :lmao:

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

hahah what kind of $h!t are you smokin ?!? :lmao:

Only the best!!! but not that day... I even had a Maroon Blwn Vette as witness!!!

so stick that in YOUR pipe and smoke it!!
:drive:

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
MikeR what exhaust/headers are you running? I want four foot flames!! :headbang:

I run M& M headers, no cats and a corsa. Any car with no cats should shoot flames.

ILLSMOQ's does too, he has Kooks headers, no cats and corsa. The day we were out playing, he came up along a Porsche, we were both playing with, well next run, I sat back and let them go at it, ILLSMOQ was about a good 1/4 mile away, I heard a loud pop and saw 2-3 foot flame come out his exhaust, it was cool, because I was so far back and its the middle of the day and you could see it perfectly from so far back. Fun stuff, we are like little kids. :lmao:

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HAHAHA... no no no.... He just mis-shifted twice. His car has almost 200 more rear wheel horsepower... he would smoke me. I am just givin my boy **** for trying to show off... especially when a female passenger was in his car.... and I pull away!

but ya... I was behind him when he raced a buddies blown C5 with 500 rwh and I have NEVER seen flames sooo freakin big in the middle of the day. I will record it next time!

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my wifes Jeep even beat that copperhead Viper!!!

[coment overheard from the passenger seat in the viper] :omg: "why did the jeep just beat us?"

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yea, I did mis shift once. Rare occasion but it happens. I started in 3rd, BLWNGTS did the countdown, except he leaves on 2 instaed of countin to three, so he jumps me.lol But I was pulling him in and gonna pass, I grabbed 4th and it didint go...... oh well.

On another run, he got us down to like 50mph on freeway, so I had to get into 2nd gear, it just lit em up on freeway. But we both know what would happen on a fair race. Back when I had 508 rwhp, I barely pulled BLWNGTS, he has a corsa and Hi flows. Id demolish him on a 3rd gear pull, if we both leave at the same time. He's not dumb, he knows cars, he is just screwing with me. hahha

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok Ok ...Now i feel better !! Mike, you said your AF was high 11's and it was cool out...How cool? 50? 60? Thanks John

Low 60's, may have even touched the 50's. Both ILLSMOQ and I sawy pretty much mid to high 11's, though both of us were talking and said we saw a 12.0/ 12.2 as shifting, which Ive been told is ok on a cool day. Most of my summer months will be in 80-90 degree weather, were I assume Ill be running richer due to heat, probably low 11's. So I had it tuned to were on a cold day, I might just float around 12.0 afr

prevnine11ownr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we are just about the same then...Have you tried water injection? I have the snow kit... It made a huge diff as far as heat soak.. especially on a very hot day. Im not tuned for it, i added it later. It works.

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya.. im just messin with my boy. He would pull me in a straight line... that is ... if he could shift!! :D

Or you can be like my other boy... who actually shifts so good that he is quicker than the tranny can take and blows them up!!! :drive:

nahh... stay away from those kits. If you tune for it and something happens to the pump, it runs out of ****, pop a line... you are in trouble. I was always gonna use my kit as a front mount intercooler sprayer since it reads boost.... everytime you are in boost it would wet the intercooler!!

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya.. im just messin with my boy. He would pull me in a straight line... that is ... if he could shift!! :D

Or you can be like my other boy... who actually shifts so good that he is quicker than the tranny can take and blows them up!!! :drive:

nahh... stay away from those kits. If you tune for it and something happens to the pump, it runs out of ****, pop a line... you are in trouble. I was always gonna use my kit as a front mount intercooler sprayer since it reads boost.... everytime you are in boost it would wet the intercooler!!

a couple of experts.......BLWNGTS pictured left...MikeR:quack: pictured right..
You must be registered for see images

prevnine11ownr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No ...I do not tune w/ it. So im safe even if it doesn't work. It really does work for heat soak.... Drive the car an hour in the heat, and you really lose alot of power due to heat soak...Then add wather injection to chill the intake temp...and it makes a world of diff !! Trust me...