Paxton/Roe ?!

topsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess this has been questioned about 500 times before, but I couldn't find a good thread.

I have a 2000 car with 99 engine, 70mm throttle bodies, K&N intake, 3" headers, 3" sidepipes, 1.7 rockers, fidanza flywheel, no catalytics and no A/C.

What would be better? Roe or Paxton? Better injection or intercooler? 7500 or 8500 USD? What are the +/-'s?

Would love some serious experiences from you guys posted here... Everybody tells something other...

Greets
Dennis

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a new kid on the block that we should really consider...the twin turbo set up from CPE Performance. You are talking 900 to 1000 hp for 15k to 17k installed. A good s/c set up properly installed will cost you the same once you work all the kinks out of it. I am favoring this set up b/c

1. Controllable boost from inside the cockpit
2. no belt slip issues
3. More power available if needed
4. no parasitic power loss from spooling up the super charger
5. side mounting available, eliminating awkward handling from adding 90 lbs to your nose
6. You can get this for the Gen 3 (Roe is still an urban legend for Gen 3's so far)
7. More power under the curve

Anyway, just my .02

OP
OP
T

topsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks A LOT for the information!
black mamba, please tell me where to get some info about the CPE kit. Prices for the kit itself without installation? Where can I get it?

Thanks
Dennis

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
check out my heffner sc kit for sale in the clasifieds. 840rwhp. Comes with EVERYTHING, including a complete fuel system and vecII