Paxton with nitrous ?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had nitrous on the car for the first 3 or 4 years i owned it. i had the solenoids mounted on a trick plate i had going between the two intake tubes. This is not possible now with the DLM brackets and paxton S/C in there. I dont have any room on the cross member to mount the 2 solenoids, anyone have any pics of mounting locations that might work for me ? I would prefer a more hidden location if possible. not stealth, just not so obvious.

here is what i got to work with...

You must be registered for see images

I know doug is gonna tell me to bring it down and he will take care of it but its sunday and didnt wanna bother him......YET

jim 632

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey plum nice set up. are those valve covers power coated. if so who did you use. I live in Westmilford and have a 96 GTS with roe set up. jim

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didnt someone make a throttle body plate for vipers at some point? That would be the best place to put the nozzles.

Best hidden location would be to do individuals underneath the intake manifold, and you wont be able to see it either. The only problem will be that the min hp shot will be around 200.

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didnt someone make a throttle body plate for vipers at some point? That would be the best place to put the nozzles.

Best hidden location would be to do individuals underneath the intake manifold, and you wont be able to see it either. The only problem will be that the min hp shot will be around 200.

the intake tubes are already plumbed for the nozzles. im just not sure where to mount the noids...

im pretty sure i can set it up with like a 25 shot. (20 nos and 12 gas jets) or 37 shot (24 nos and 14 gas jets) but im not likely gonna ever use it. i have al the hardware and love the bottles, so might as well put it all in.... :)

nitro dave gave me the jet sizes 2 years ago and i know the net gain will be much higher due to cooling the charge.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The solinoids you can mount on the bottom of the factory cross memeber, they wont be very noticeable. If you want to hide the nitrous setup completly you can put everything into the heat exchanger.

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont have the OEM cross member, its a custom made, much stronger one DLM made for his setups. (see pics) only place on it i can do them is where the puke tank is currently. but then i gotta move that... might be the best option though, just looking for more ideas.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like you have quite a bit of room up front. Why not mount a bracket in front of the radiator. They would be kind of far from everything, but it will be hidden and not cluttering up the engine bay.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry, can't help with the location, but man your engine and under hood looks :omg: , esp knowing you drive your car

TMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Plum, What's the two thingamabobs on each of the intake tubes? Passenger side has an AN line running to it with what looks like an AN line going to the other side.

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plum, What's the two thingamabobs on each of the intake tubes? Passenger side has an AN line running to it with what looks like an AN line going to the other side.

those are the DLM injectors. he did them this way instead of a set of rails and larger injectors. i think they look kool. right next to them is where i'll put the nitrous nozzles.

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug, if i decide to ever actually hook it up or use it, you will be the first to do it..lol

thanks again my friend

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a beautiful engine set up, and I can see how N2O would help you. Does it create too much of an air restriction to put an elbow on that Paxton's intake side? It seems crazy in a Blown application (or any application for that matter) to be drawing in air directly from the back side of the radiator. Is there a piece of the puzzle that I'm not seeing in your Pic?. Again it's beautiful and I'm sure it hauls BUTT.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Best position for the solenoids would be above the injectors so that when you're not using the Nitrous the fuel and gas will drain and not evaporate in the solenoids and the lines (leaving varnish deposits).

With all the room in front of the intake on the inside of the 'Y' pipe you could mount a bracket and make a cover plate so that it looks similar to the DLM injectors?

In front of the rad would be a better choice for heat - if possible. Mount the nozzles as close to the TBs as possible is the instructions I recieved from NOS. NOS rates their nozzles as being good for a max 150hp each (FYI)

Ted

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a beautiful engine set up, and I can see how N2O would help you. Does it create too much of an air restriction to put an elbow on that Paxton's intake side? It seems crazy in a Blown application (or any application for that matter) to be drawing in air directly from the back side of the radiator. Is there a piece of the puzzle that I'm not seeing in your Pic?. Again it's beautiful and I'm sure it hauls BUTT.

ive asked doug about this. IIRC he said it didnt help at all. not to mention there really isnt much room at all. that air cleaner is pretty well jammed in there with the over sized radiator. id think the elbow would have a pretty nasty angle to it. maybe thats why he made that air diverter to get some cold air in from the naca duct.

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best position for the solenoids would be above the injectors so that when you're not using the Nitrous the fuel and gas will drain and not evaporate in the solenoids and the lines (leaving varnish deposits).

With all the room in front of the intake on the inside of the 'Y' pipe you could mount a bracket and make a cover plate so that it looks similar to the DLM injectors?

In front of the rad would be a better choice for heat - if possible. Mount the nozzles as close to the TBs as possible is the instructions I recieved from NOS. NOS rates their nozzles as being good for a max 150hp each (FYI)

Ted

thats exactly what my original nitrous setup looked like (see pic below). making a cover plate to resemble the DLM Injectors is a cool idea. but mounting the noids there is tough cause of hood clearance. as you can see i had to drop the noids down a bit to make them clear the hood.

5638engine2.JPG

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
someone sent me this picture. its probably the best placement for them, i just gotta rearrange a few things to see if i can fit them like this.