Pedal Adjust Switch Bezel now available

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those Gen 3 or 4 Viper owners that like to use the pedal adjust switch, you may have found out the hard way that the mount for the switch is very fragile. The switch mounts on the bezel with two small screws that crack out the mounting holes and allows the switch and bezel to fall out of the dash.

This happened to me and I went to my dealer and asked for a bezel. The only way to get a bezel is to buy the entire leather covered knee bolster to the tune of about $500.00. Well, I wasn’t going to do that, so I cobbled it back together.

I wanted something that looked like the stock piece, so I reverse engineered the original all the way down to the texture on the face of the bezel. Gussets were added where the original had none and glass reinforced nylon was used instead of the poly of the original to make it very strong. So strong, in fact, that this bezel carries a lifetime warranty against breakage and they are 100% MADE in the USA in Wisconsin.

I teamed up with SnakeOyl Products (a site supporter)and are marketing the bezels complete with mount screws and a NEW pedal adjust switch. I added the switch to the package because the mount flanges of that switch are very thin and usually break when the bezel breaks.

Here is a link to Snake Oyl's web site with a picture of the bezel and ordering info.
http://www.snakeoylproducts.com/product.php?productid=17921&cat=343&page=1

Thanks for Looking.
Steve A.

Attachments

• bezel backside.jpg
    bezel backside.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 5
  • BezelWithSwitch.jpg
    BezelWithSwitch.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Bezel in car.jpg
    Bezel in car.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 19

colo08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A billet Alum Replacement has been available from Dave's Big Brake for over a year and are now available from Partsrack.com

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted something that looked like the stock piece, so I reverse engineered the original all the way down to the texture on the face of the bezel.

A billet Alum Replacement has been available from Dave's Big Brake for over a year.

As you can see, I think he wanted something that appeared OE instead of a shiny, billet one