Penske 8300 series or KW Variant 2

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Given that they are about the same on price, which one is better?

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure which are better, but I hear more about the KW2s. I actually just ordered a set through JonB. Should be getting them in the mail on Tuesday :2tu:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Motons are a "better" and more adustable system by far, and would be a good choice for a frequent track rat. Especially if you drive multiple tracks, and will be keeping a logbook for these.

For the occasional trackster, mostly street, wanting adjustable lowering, some track or drag or -X, and wanting to save significant dollar$ on the kit and the labor vs Moton, the KWV2 is a GREAT choice. KWV2 INCLUDE springs and are fully assembled. 8-bolt install.

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have either, but I did look into the 8300's in a good bit of detail. A lot will depend on what you want to do with them. The 8300's can have a remote mount canister, meaning you can adjust the shocks without removing the wheels. The 8300's are double adjustable vs single adjustable. If you are going to be doing some tuning of the suspension for different conditions, the 8300's would probably be a better choice. The location of the adjuster is also a factor to consider.

Don't forget to include springs in your pricing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960