Pep Boys for Service?

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many are posting about options on orders...I personally would not place an order until I understood the service capability.

Did I miss something? Who can work on these cars that is above lawn mower level? There was a list floating around that was ALL the shady SRT dealers and seemed useless. I'd do better at the Pep Boys by placing a crisp benjamin in the pimply faced service kids hand.

Who on long island or add a 100 miles or add another 100 miles...who?

...or are we just to **** it up and go black market with Chuck paid in gold bullion or china white.

Last edited:

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was the biggest topic of discussion we had at the dinner table during the VOI in Salt Lake City....an SRT marketing person sat with us and this is the topic we banged on her most about. Not just servicing the car correctly, but how would I be treated as a Gen 5 Viper owner when bringing the car in for service.

Here is a question that I might have missed the answer to....if I buy a Gen 5 from an SRT authorized dealer but take it to a non SRT Dodge dealer for service, is that allowed for warranty work if I prefer my local Dodge dealer because I've used him in the past and trust them?

Cheers,
George

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can go to SRT's website and see a list of SRT dealers in your area. These are the dealers that put up the money to become an SRT dealer. They will receive the training on how to work on and service the new Viper. You could take it to a dealer you've been going to I suppose but they WILL NOT have any specialty tools needed for the GEN V.

OP
OP

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
can you provide a link? The only list I have seen was all SRT dealers. I believe NOT all SRT dealers have viper techs. Please elaborate.

thanks

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Huntington Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge/SRT is an SRT dealer and is selling the GenV. I have no experience with them but their sales manager reached out to the club and introduced himself. His name is Bill Jenkins and can be reached at 631-993-3300. May be worth giving him a call.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
can you provide a link? The only list I have seen was all SRT dealers. I believe NOT all SRT dealers have viper techs. Please elaborate.

thanks

All Srt dealers will have to have a Viper tech. That is part of the deal. SRT is actually doing some training this week with the techs on the new viper.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All "SRT VIPER" dealers have a tech. You can buy other SRT cars from most CC dealers.As an example NE Ohio has many CC dealers (20 is a guess), however, only four viper dealers.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All "SRT VIPER" dealers have a tech. You can buy other SRT cars from most CC dealers.As an example NE Ohio has many CC dealers (20 is a guess), however, only four viper dealers.

This. Because I just checked the list of SRT dealers and the closest one I know of is on there, but they've only had one Gen III in the last...well, no probably forever. It was a used black 03' vert. There's always a SRT or two on the lot, but Vipers are scarce. What happened with Buhler?

--RS

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All Srt dealers will have to have a Viper tech. That is part of the deal. SRT is actually doing some training this week with the techs on the new viper.

Hopefully they will be instructed that there is more to servicing a customers car than fixing the mechanicals.
How about respecting other people property that they paid a lot of money for. That would be a quantum leap over most current dealership attitudes.
That Viper in for service is not the lunch taxi. Or the afternoon parts pickup vehicle.
Or in need of a 50 mile test drive after being brought in for an oil change.

OP
OP

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks Tony for the local dealer's name.

Thanks for the info Bob. I read that dealers had to pay X to be an SRT dealer and then they had to pay Y on top of that to sell and service Vipers. So based on your post that is not true so I stand corrected.

So am I to assume that link floating around is correct and all those dealers have Viper techs?…or is there another link?

thanks

Last edited:

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The issues discussed here are at the heart of my concern. I'm not in NY but next door in New England. I am concerned about bringing a $150k exotic high performance car to a dodge/chryslaer dealer unless the authorized srt viper tech is the one doing the work. I have a personal mechanic I trust that works onb all of my other exotics. I'd like to have him do routine maintenance on the snake as well if possible. My concern is warranty work. If there's no one trustworthy to do such work, where is the value of the warranty? Any suggestions for the new england area?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala