Performance Upgrades for 08

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had my 08 for a few months now and am getting the itch. I bought the car with Corsa catback exhaust and I added the K&N airfilter.
This is what I am thinking-

Headers-
Belanger?
ACR-X (If i do these I want them coated)?
M&M?

Hi Flow Converter-
Don't know who makes these - have seen Roe mentioned

Ported Intake-
Arrow?
GTS-R?

Mopar Ecu - I will only do this if I get a check engine light as they don't seem to add much preformance and i can live with the skip shift.

3.55 Rear- Have read about the Quaife but don't know if I really need it. Just street driving and occasional trips to the dragstrip. I think it will really benefit the Gen IV's loss of umph down low.
Also I need to find a shop that is competent in doing this work (the gears).

What do you guys think? Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could do some one stop shopping at Woodhouse. They will tell you what to buy, sell it to you and install it. If you can wait til the 2013 cars are being shipped, they will hook you up with a free back haul to their shop. And you know it's not their first rodeo.....

Bill

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How does the car sound in comparison to stock with the Corsa?
Did you have stock cats? My ACR is embarrassingly docile...

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had my 08 for a few months now and am getting the itch. I bought the car with Corsa catback exhaust and I added the K&N airfilter.
This is what I am thinking-

Headers-
Belanger?
ACR-X (If i do these I want them coated)?
M&M?

Hi Flow Converter-
Don't know who makes these - have seen Roe mentioned

Ported Intake-
Arrow?
GTS-R?

Mopar Ecu - I will only do this if I get a check engine light as they don't seem to add much preformance and i can live with the skip shift.

3.55 Rear- Have read about the Quaife but don't know if I really need it. Just street driving and occasional trips to the dragstrip. I think it will really benefit the Gen IV's loss of umph down low.
Also I need to find a shop that is competent in doing this work (the gears).

What do you guys think? Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks

After seeing your old car I knew this was coming :).

Our local guys pull 600+whp with full belanger exhaust and mopar ecu.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the Gen 4s have a power band almost like a turbo car and the 3.08 gearing is actually best for that power band. I will be doing M&Ms, catless Magnaflows, BBG ported intake, GG head work, and Venom controller over the next few months to my 08. Im hoping for 620+rwhp Im getting my baseline dyno done next week before the mods start. Keep us posted on what you do.

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a very interesting idea.
Thanks

You could do some one stop shopping at Woodhouse. They will tell you what to buy, sell it to you and install it. If you can wait til the 2013 cars are being shipped, they will hook you up with a free back haul to their shop. And you know it's not their first rodeo.....

Bill

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes, this car is docile until you get it over 4k, which is why I am considering the 3.55 gears. Unfortunately I have nothing to compare the car to sound wise as I haven't heard any stock srt10's.
The car does have stock cats. I am going to replace them with hi flo cats when I do the headers. I think the cat delete with the Corsa and Headers will be too loud.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
That is a very interesting idea.
Thanks

Isn't Tators in the state next door?. Why ship a car halfway across the country when you have the Wizard relatively close.? Just curious is all.

Reaction score
Give me a call, I'm back in the office and I will give you some suggestions on what I believe is the best setup and order to do things.

Thanks,

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a comparo of the Mopar PCM vs the OEM one on my 08.
Mopar PCM in Green and Stock one in Red. Disregard the Blue line as it was with the Stock PCM but something went wrong and the check engine light came on during the pull.
Only other mods to the car were Belanger headers with High flow cats to the stock mufflers.
As we can see the Mopar PCM added 3 HP and 12 TQ but in the 4,400 to 5,800 rpm range the gains are much better, good for the track, it made my car get better times at the strip too.

You must be registered for see images attach

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sounds slightly better, but add headers then it really sounds much much better!!

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're interested, I have a STOCK Gen4 Lower Intake Manifold for sale. Perfect for porting should you want to retain your stocker.

I'm not too far away from you either.

Mike
[email protected]

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a comparo of the Mopar PCM vs the OEM one on my 08.
Mopar PCM in Green and Stock one in Red. Disregard the Blue line as it was with the Stock PCM but something went wrong and the check engine light came on during the pull.
Only other mods to the car were Belanger headers with High flow cats to the stock mufflers.
As we can see the Mopar PCM added 3 HP and 12 TQ but in the 4,400 to 5,800 rpm range the gains are much better, good for the track, it made my car get better times at the strip too.

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks Claude- great info. I have read several threads where owners were dissatisfied with the results of the ecu upgrade.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave