Personalized liscense plates

jjbondzio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that the max for TX plates is 6 characters but does anyone know if you can have 7 characters for a personalized TX plate?

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
6 is plenty... Just be creative. Of course that also means the reader has to be creative to understand.... Guess that is a flawed theroy!

For some reason many have a hard time understanding my SRT Ram plate

EX S HP I thought it was a slam dunk for people to understand.

I wanted XS HP but it was taken.

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score
I went for all out obscurity on mine. Only the geekiest of computer geeks would ever get it.

License tag is 100 001. In 6-bit binary it equates to 33. On the ASCII table, 33 is the !

So I'm driving around with the binary expression for an exclamation point.

Most people think it's a reference to racing, like 100 wins, 001 loss. People have also asked if it's a government car, as some of them have oddly numbered tags.

I don't really care if anyone 'gets it' or not. I like it :)

A friend of mine in NC got a license tag that says G8RSSKDK (Gators **** d!ck); he went to FSU. How that ever got past the NC DMV review board is beyond me.

Mad Max 93 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know about your state but mine has the website where you can "play" with the letters and numbers to see how it will look on the plate. It will only allow you to do it if the plate is available. I sat for many many hours and just played around with funny sayings and came up with one that describes me to a tee! So now my car says "PSYCHO" on it. :D:D

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Texas was going to expand the program last year with a public/private partnership with a company called My Plates LLC. They were allowing more letters than the current 6 and were also going to do up to a 10 year fee program but around double the current cost for personalized plates. They went out of business last year after issuing just a handful of plates. So it is back to the TxDOT to handle the plates and the old rules apply - no more than 6 letters/digits.

musicncars

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats hilarious. My state can have 8 characters, and since my car is a 1 of 1 I was going to geek out and use binary for 1 = 00110001. i didnt because many people wouldnt get it.

I went for all out obscurity on mine. Only the geekiest of computer geeks would ever get it.

License tag is 100 001. In 6-bit binary it equates to 33. On the ASCII table, 33 is the !

So I'm driving around with the binary expression for an exclamation point.

Most people think it's a reference to racing, like 100 wins, 001 loss. People have also asked if it's a government car, as some of them have oddly numbered tags.

I don't really care if anyone 'gets it' or not. I like it :)

A friend of mine in NC got a license tag that says G8RSSKDK (Gators **** d!ck); he went to FSU. How that ever got past the NC DMV review board is beyond me.

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may want to call and check. I recall seeing a news article that a new type of plate was becomming available that would have 7 didgits.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang