Petition to eliminate front tags in Virginia

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Consider it signed by both Mike and myself (2 signatures)....front license plates only DEFACE the cars we believe, and we don't put them on our cars either here in NYS, but it's illegal for us as well. ~juli

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I signed it- but this guy who is prob the same as the guy who led the redaction of the stiff reckless penalties- sold his distro list. I know this because I began getting mails from some solicitor...

that is a no-no, I think.

Billy Coons

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmmm...I don't use a front plate on my Viper in VA anyway. Keep it under the seat in case I get pulled over. I'm "waiting" for a bracket from the Dealer... :naughty:

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Petition signed.
I didnt even let the dealer drill the holes in the front plate section for the screws. He started to and I said..."HEY! What the hell are you doing to my baby!! Get away from my car!" He said, "No problem, I understand."

I keep the other plate in my trunk, so far (knocking on wood) I have never been stopped or even asked about it!:)

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't need it here in NC, but I have been stopped in VA. I think they just use it as a tool to stop the car and look for other issues. For example DUI, stolen vehicle, out of date insurance, etc.

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only place I got a ticket for no front plate was in DC. Police in my neck of the woods in VA give me thumbs up when I drive by em, so I ain't worried about a ticket here for that. Good luck though...

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The VA/MD VCA is a member of the Car Club Council of Central Virginia. I talked with the president of the council last night and he said he’s working on legislation that would permit antique cars to have only one plate. He’s looking for a legislator to sponsor the bill.

The goal is to open up the law to having at least some cars with only one plate. This might open the door for other cars down the road if we can get an exception for antique cars.

Past attempts to get legislation to permit one plate have been resisted strongly by the Virginia State Police. As hard has it is to believe, some car councils across the state do not support our effort to get an exception to the law to permit one tag for antique cars.

Howard

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmmmm...I don't use a front plate on my Viper in VA anyway. Keep it under the seat in case I get pulled over. I'm "waiting" for a bracket from the Dealer... :naughty:

Get the rubber bracket from JonB at Parts Rack. Online Shopping - Home Attatch it to the plate, keep it in the trunk and if you get stopped just say you washed the car that morning and forgot to pop it back on. It slips right over the center cross bar in the grill like a big rubber clothes pin. No fasteners, it just pops on with the plate already attatched. I have never heard of anyone getting a ticket you did it that way ticket.

Last edited:

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree. Came here from Florida where no front plate is required. Rubber snap on works great and comes off easily for car shows etc. I've had it on for a year now...no damage noticed.

Paul :usa:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32