Photos - Gen V with Xtreme Supercars aero package.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went out this AM and shot some photos of my '13 SRT with the new carbon fiber aero package from Xtreme. We will be selling these spoilers and splitters through our store. Fitment was great, and the spoiler and splitters are available separately ($2000 spoiler, $1000 splitters). They are 100% carbon fiber. The rear spoiler is mounted with several strips of 3M double-sided tape, no drilling required. The front splitters require removal of the front bumper cover, and 4 holes drilled per side. Not a difficult install, but it does take some time to do. While the bumper cover as off, I also installed my Woodhouse tow hook.

Anyways, on to the pics!

Tony :drive:

You must be registered for see images attach

ACRsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow ....very nice !!!!

Enjoy the beast with the best of health ! wow nicest combo on a gen5 wheels , spoilers and the color !

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice pics, what camera do you use?

Sony NEX-5N with 18-55 lens and polarizer for these pics. I've primarily used Canon DSLR's in the past, but this little camera is pretty amazing and easier to carry. DSLR is better in low light conditions, which I rarely shoot.

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so i take it there's no patent on the OEM pieces? you know, to protect all the work that went into developing these pieces...

Getnlwr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Damn, Looks GREAT. I do think adding the factory carbon fiber tail light surround, and it visually may enhance the spoiler from an aesthetic appeal. **** either way,

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great looking aero package! Good to see other companies getting involved in aero kits instead of the usual suspects.. Any install photos?

BTW your Vipers looking sweet!!

Bad Boyzz
Toddy

08viperviolet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great. I have seen the parts in person on and on gen V they worth the money. Hopefully buying a gen V soon and will be buying the parts and putting them on my car.

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so i take it there's no patent on the OEM pieces? you know, to protect all the work that went into developing these pieces...

These are not molded from OEM pieces, there are subtle differences. Besides, I've never heard of a patent on replacement body panels or exterior spoilers and wings. Think of the aftermarket hoods, hatches, even wheel knock-offs out there.

JETSTAR

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting Tony the car really looks awesome

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting Tony the car really looks awesome

Wayne, thank you for making these available! Many of us had given up on Mopar parts, and their inflated pricing. My car looks perfect now, and should work well at the road course as a bonus.

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your car is really looking good, Tony. Exterior carbon fiber is a nice touch, and the aero effect is certainly noticeable on track according to Mister Viper (Graham H). Nice job Jetstar!

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your car is really looking good, Tony. Exterior carbon fiber is a nice touch, and the aero effect is certainly noticeable on track according to Mister Viper (Graham H). Nice job Jetstar!

I had the car up to 110 mph yesterday, and the hatch now has a slight humming sound. Something is going on back there with this spoiler, for sure. It would be cool to have someone that laps their Viper a lot do some laps without a wing, then put on the wing while at the track, see any differences. I don't think the front splitters do much, they seem more like tire blockers. Traditional front splitters need to protrude past the front bumper to actually "split" the air above and below a vehicle. These front splitters seem more cosmetic to me.

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the car up to 110 mph yesterday, and the hatch now has a slight humming sound. Something is going on back there with this spoiler, for sure. It would be cool to have someone that laps their Viper a lot do some laps without a wing, then put on the wing while at the track, see any differences.

We're unlikely to ever get that kind of feedback, and it would be very subjective at best. What I'd expect to find is that the car feels more stable and planted at speed. That wouldn't necessarily even translate immediately into faster lap times as driver confidence would need time to probe higher limits. But the "fastback" shape of the Viper's rear definitely does create significant lift as airflow passes over the long hatch surface, assisted only slightly by the built-in lip spoiler. It's a given that the taller rear spoiler will definitely reduce that effect, and is likely the area of the car that needs aero improvement most.
[/QUOTE]

I don't think the front splitters do much, they seem more like tire blockers. Traditional front splitters need to protrude past the front bumper to actually "split" the air above and below a vehicle. These front splitters seem more cosmetic to me.

They're also functioning as an airdam, lowering the front of the car as well as deflecting some air to the sides and away from the wheels. That has the effect of reducing air under the car, speeding up what does make it under, and reducing turbulence...all three reducing lift. Hopefully they're more effective than what their small size might indicate.

Bruce

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be cool if SRT would show us some airflow models like GM does.

You must be registered for see images

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are in sync, I recently bought the Sony DSC-RX100 for a point-an-shoot. You are right, it is hard to believe the tiny Sony camera can take such great pictures. My main camera is a Canon 6D.

Sony NEX-5N with 18-55 lens and polarizer for these pics. I've primarily used Canon DSLR's in the past, but this little camera is pretty amazing and easier to carry. DSLR is better in low light conditions, which I rarely shoot.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure tape will hold that spoiler on at 200 mph ??? That is a lot of force and if one section came up,their it goes....

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure tape will hold that spoiler on at 200 mph ??? That is a lot of force and if one section came up,their it goes....

I had to pull on it extremely hard just to get it to un-stick after having just sat the spoiler on the hatch barely. I almost couldn't get it off again. Now that it is fully pressed down, I don't see it coming off ever. The entire underside is covered in that tape, pretty decent sized foot print.

I've only had the car up to 165 before. Getting it to 200 would take far longer and far too many miles for me to try :)

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet G5 NB. That aero package really works nice with the G5's curves. :2tu: Love that black license plate as its in line with the color scheme too.

Nice work Jetstar.